Self-Presentation

My mother has always been a lover of Philosophy, a great appreciator of the human mind, of reality, knowledge and existence itself, which is why as soon as she knew she was expecting she decided to name me... oh wait, this actually not quite true. My parents wished to name me Beatriz, and that was my name for a week, but for some reason, the matriarch of the family decided she wasn't fond of that name, so instead my progenitors came up with my current name, Sofia.

Sofia literally means wisdom; however, I don't really consider myself wise or even particularly knowledgeable, I am after all just a common mortal.

Furthermore, I have been accused more often than not of living in the realm of dreams, of not living life itself, and been told that I should unstuck my nose from whatever book I am reading. As a matter of fact I read so much, and I read everything, from the latest vampire romance to that terrifying mystery book everyone cannot wait to see in the big screen, and even to the great canonical writers my mother wishes I would read more often. But that's just who I am, a hopeless dreamer, I would rather live a thousand lives by reading abnormally more than most people, than just live one life, leaving behind the words of countless other dreamers like myself.