Tattoo Mates - Part 1

Tattoo Mates

''Where's your girl?'' Normani asks as she barges into Camila's house and walks straight to the kitchen.

''She's not my girl Mani.'' Camila answers as she closes the door behind her and walks after her. Normani has made herself comfortable on the kitchen counter already, drinking straight from the bottle of juice she's holding in her hands. Camila just shakes her head, not bothering to say something about it anymore.

''Where's Cody?'' she asks instead, trying to subtly change the subject. Normani just raises an eyebrow at her best friend, knowing very well what she's doing, but not saying anything about it out loud.

''Trying to talk to Dinah and Scott. Again.'' She says with a shrug, taking another gulp from the bottle.

''Again? They're fighting again?'' Camila asks, furrowing her eyebrows while silently counting the amount of fights Dinah and her boyfriend have had only this week.

Normani nods. ''Yep, Dinah even threatened to leave him yesterday. So Cody is trying to make them talk again.'' She answers simply, not surprised by the huge fight between the couple.

''But, she can't do that.'' Camila says, shaking her head and looking at Normani as if she were crazy.

''Why not?'' her friend asks, as she finally puts the now half empty bottle down on the counter.

''Because they're soul mates. They're supposed to be together.'' She answers as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

Normani purses her lips for a moment before shrugging again. ''Just because their tattoos match, doesn't mean they're soul mates.'' She answers uncaringly. Camila just looks at her for a few moments, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

''Mani, of course that means they are soul mates. Everybody knows that when you find the person with a matching tattoo, or a tattoo that fits with the one you have means you were meant to be together. Everybody gets their tattoo at birth for a reason.'' Camila states clearly.

Normani shakes her head. ''Maybe. But it kind of sounds like a fairy tale to me.'' She says, making Camila nod in understanding. Normani had always been to most realistic of the two of them.

''But what about Cody? Your tattoos match right?'' Camila asks, making Normani nod with a smile when she thinks about her boyfriend.

''What was it again?''

''The eagle and the wing.'' Normani says uncaringly.

''Can I see it?'' Camila asks, knowing she has already seen it at least a hundred times but she's still as interested as the first time. Normani shrugs.

''Sure.'' She says, hopping off the counter and pulling her shirt up to just under her chest.