Tattoo Mates - Part 2

Part II

''Really? So you guys are good again?'' Camila asks Dinah when they are having lunch together. Dinah nods with a smile while taking a bite of her salad. Camila smiles at her friend and shakes her head. It's unbelievable how Dinah and Scott keep fighting almost every day, and then make up the same day only to fight again after that.

''You know, he's a really sweet guy. He takes good care of me, but sometimes he just irritates me to the point that I literally want to pull his hair out and set him on fire just like the flame on his arm.'' Dinah says, looking around at the people passing by the little café.

Camila smiles at her, knowing very well that despite the many, many, fights they had, they really did fit together. They were a match, and maybe the fights would happen les as they grow older and supposedly wiser.

''You know.. I saw Lauren yesterday.'' Dinah says carefully, making Camila look down uncomfortably for a moment before she composes herself again.

''Oh really?'' she asks, faking her interest as best as she can. She clears her throat to try and look more confident. ''Did you talk to her?'' She asks, picking at the edges of her deluxe sandwich.

''Yeah, she asked how you were doing.'' Dinah says, taking another bite from her food and watching her best friend closely.

''What did you say?'' Camila asks, nerves cracking through her voice slightly.

''I told her you were alright.'' Dinah says, making Camila sigh in relief and nod slightly in approval of Dinah's answer to her kind of ex-girlfriend. Dinah looks at her for a few moments longer before putting her fork down with a sigh.

''Look Mila, she's your ex, its okay to still be sad about it. I mean, I know how much you liked her and it's been only four months since she walked out on you. You don't have to pretend it doesn't hurt anymore, because I know it does.'' She says as Camila looks up at her with slightly widened eyes.

Guess she wasn't as good of an actress as she thought she was.

She shrugs, trying hard to push the tears away, not wanting to cry over losing Lauren anymore.

''I don't understand why it hurts like this. I mean, we aren't even soulmates. We're not even supposed to be together at all, and yet it feels like I lost the one person that made me complete.'' She says softly, but loud enough for Dinah to hear her. She nods, reaching out to brush her thumb over the back of Camila's hand on the table.

''I know.. Are you really sure your tattoos didn't match? In any way?'' Dinah asks, hoping that maybe there was a connection between the two of them. Even just a tiny one. Camila takes in a deep breath before nodding.

''I've thought about it every day since she told me that we were over.'' She says and Dinah looks at her questioningly.

''Maybe the line on my back isn't a line, but a rope. Maybe... I was the rope that kept her bird of freedom from flying out. I think I held her down, while I should have let her go. Let her be free.'' She says, looking up at Dinah with tear filled eyes and a sad smile.