Tattoo Mates - Part 6

Part 6

''It's looking pretty good.'' Camila says when Lauren enters the kitchen and sees her pulling their pizza out of the oven.

She smiles at her as she watches her put the Pizza down on the counter to cut it in pieces. ''You want a piece with or without Doritos?'' Camila asks Lauren, who just chuckles at her.

'"Well, I guess it's absolutely gross, but I won't know for sure if I don't try. So bring it on.'' She answers, stepping up next to Camila, their arms brushing against each other when Camila continues to cut the pizza into different slices. Lauren smiles at the goose bumps she feels on her arm.

''Where do you want to sit?'' Camila asks, picking up her plate with pizza and looking up at the slightly taller girl questioningly.

''Outside.'' she answers with a mischievous smile, causing Camila to raise her eyebrows.

''Alright, lead the way.'' She answers.

Lauren smiles and walks past Camila through the back door to get to her back yard. She walks over to the table and sits down in one of the chairs. Camila follows her lead and sits down next to her, looking at the photobooks scattered all around the table, leaving barely enough room for their plates.

''What's all this?'' She asks, looking at the pictures while she brings a slice of pizza up to her mouth.

''My life.'' Lauren answers, reaching out to one of the books and opening it up to the first page.

''That's me.'' She points to a picture of a tiny baby and Camila can't stop herself from going 'Awwww'.

''You're so cute! Look at that... you were adorable!'' Camila squeals, looking back at Lauren who frowns at her playfully.

''Were? Am I not adorable anymore?'' she asks, and Camila rolls her eyes in response.

''Course you are.'' She answers, petting Lauren's head and pinching her cheeks while she laughs at her. Lauren just laughs along and looks back at her plate while Camila looks at the rest of the pictures. Lauren really wonders if those melted pieces of Doritos are going to kill her, but she decides to try it anyway.

''Is that you and Taylor?'' Camila asks, seeing a picture of a small Lauren, holding another baby in her tiny hands with a big smile.

''Yep.'' Lauren answers, watching Camila's adoring look while she finally takes a careful bite out of the pizza slice.

''Oh my god, that's actually pretty good.'' She says with her mouth full, making Camila turn back to look at her. Then she laughs and nods.

''I told you! You should trust me more, you know?'' she says with a smile, and Lauren nods in agreement, knowing that statement is true in more than one ways.

They continue to look through the pictures together for a while, continuing to eat their pizza. Lauren tells Camila different, personal stories about some of them, and Camila listens with full attention, loving how open and honest the green-eyed girl is being with her.