Chapter 29

Mernique was silently, weaving through the thick crowds. "Well I should have known you would be here. You're always were your not suppose to be." He didn't even sound annoyed but relaxed.

She wondered how much time he sometimes get for himself... He is always busy saving everyone and everything she wondered why it hasn't drove himself insane yet. "And here I thought you missed me." She purred and she felt him grin from behind her.

"I will miss those few moments of silence and peace. " Mernique stuck out her tongue at him and earned another shake of his head.

 She glanced at Raymond who was scanning everyone in the crowd... searching for any sign of a glamour or suspicious activity. He looked extremely hot in the clothes he was wearing even if he wasn't a mortal.

She must have been staring for Raymond suddenly asked," What?" Mernique blinked heat flooding to her cheeks now. "Nothing." She mumbled wanting to sink in the floor.

"Then why were you staring?" He didn't turn to meet her gaze but she knew he was monitoring her from behind him. "I wasn't staring..." She shot back her eyes scanning everyone as well. "Yeah and I am a Dragon." He wanted to fight with her.... Everything is back to normal. "I just noticed the clothes... they look good on you." She said feeling the heat on her cheeks again.

 Did she just...compliment him? He snorted waving off the compliment," You must be high if you think I look good in this...ridiculous is the right word," Has he not seen himself? He looks anything but ridiculous... why is he dismissing the compliment? "Ridiculously hot..." She muttered under her breathe but he turned around." What?"Mernique felt her cheeks flaring.

She really hoped he didn't hear what she just whispered and is not acting that he didn't. That sounded more like him."Nothing...So you don't like it in the human realm?" She asked quickly but she saw him watching her suspiciously. "It is beautiful... almost like our planet.

The people here are friendlier than I expected them to be," He said deciding to drop the question he had in his eyes earlier. "At least my friend made some effort to make the night enjoyable for you." She said couldn't help keeping the bitterness out of her tone.

 Raymond blinked at her and she walked a little faster. He soon fell in step beside her." Yes, your friend is nice but... also talks to much. She reminds me too much off Charlotte." Mernique tried to keep the smile from her face. "It didn't look like it." She muttered and again he shot his head towards her and she pretended she was looking at some wildflowers. There was silence between them.

Only the laughter of people and the music could be heard. "Where did you disappear off to for so long?" He asked as they passed by another group of people. She swallowed maybe she should tell him... would he freak out." As long as you don't freak out at what I am about to tell you." She asked and she saw his eyes flare with a promise that is not a promise.

Good enough," I was trying to reach my Aunt again when... the Draco King appeared for the second time in front of me today." Raymond stopped so suddenly she nearly crashed into him from behind. "The Draco King was here?" He snarled the sound more inhuman than human.

 She nodded," The guy Elaine said I was talking to... Taylor. That was his name before he became the Draco King. He was a childhood friend of me and Markus and became the Draco King after he though we both had died. He... he wanted to remind me of a deal he would make for me.

The first encounter was just that a reminder but the second encounter... he wanted to tell me that he wasn't the enemy. That he wasn't responsible for the attack on the shield.General Fang... Kelly's father wasn't his General. 

His General was busy stealing the scroll..." Mernique spoke seeing the fury in Raymond's eyes but he listened...carefully. She took a deep breathe," The other General belonged to another King."Raymond went pale at that and shook his head," There is only one Draco King."Mernique shook her head," You only think there is one for his family was the only one to reveal them to you.