Chapter 36

Mernique landed on her feet after her travel and to her horror looked at the damage that was done.

Some guards were sprawled on the ground unconscious and some people were crying or either screaming and trying to put out the fires.

 Mernique felt like she was punched through the gut...she couldn't breathe...couldn't see or feel. Get a medic! Stay back! Stay with me...brother stay with me. She was transported to a place she didn't know. People crying...begging for help...people lying on the ground...she shook her head and backed away. Don't leave us! You can't save them! I will make your family crawl! 

Then she came face to face to the man and this time his glowing red eyes were visible. She covered her ears as she heard the screams grow...the pleas...the crying...she felt their pain...their sorrow. She blinked realizing there were tears streaming down her face and her body was curled in the ground....blood was pooling on the ground.

She touched her nose and realized it was bleeding. She was still shaking...she couldn't snap out of the spell. She grit her teeth and stood up...dusting herself off and wiping at her face. 

She walked to the closest guard and placed her hands on his chest...feeling the warmth spread." Princess!"A group of guards ran up to her. "Are you alright? What are you..." Mernique removed her hands and something strange crawled into her bones.

" Get this man to a medic...tell me how many injured and how many can fight." She stood up and helped the fallen soldier. "A few soldiers but only minor injuries...nothing a few healers can't fix." One of them replied...she nodded," And the attackers?"Mernique's voice sounded strange...strong and unyielding... a general speaking to her soldiers. 

"They came from the north. They attacked and then fled...staying in the shadows of the trees." Mernique nodded as another soldier answered...standing a little bit taller. "The villagers?" She asked and felt ice cold needles pricking in her skin.

"Most unharmed but we are moving them as quick as possible to safety." A familiar voice spoke...she turned around and saw her friends standing behind her...Raymond standing in the middle his arms crossed over his chest.

 A captain speaking to his Princess. She nodded when a sudden question blurred out her mouth," Was any markings on the ground where the attack was?" She didn't know what she was saying neither did the guards for they blinked at her.

One cleared his throat and stood up," Your highness...strange markings where indeed found but...they mean nothing." A young guard spoke up and she immediately turned her head to him and in a flash she was by him...she didn't even know how she moved so fast.

She grabbed his arm,"Can you draw them?" She asked sounding like a mad man. He looked absolutely baffled but did what she asked. He knelt down on the ground and draw lines and shapes in the ground.

 Suddenly her friends were in front of her...talking to the guards and looking worriedly at her. Her blood went for some reason cold and when he stood up she grabbed him," When did the attack happen?" She demanded and the guard looked startled at her.

She remembered those drawings likes she remembered the symbol on the map and the voice. "About a few moments ago..." He looked worriedly at her as she released him in horror...raking her brain... the spell...it's a spell." Get the most wounded out as fast as you can...they will go for them first...use them to lure us out.

 Then the people... they would not hesitate to hurt the people never mind controlling...who is your best spell clever?" She spoke so fast and confusing that not even a drunk would understand her. The guard really looked alarmed at her now." What do you mean by controlling?" Mernique released him her hands and arms were shaking.