Chapter 10

Breakfast in the 1A house was verily normal, everyone chatted and ate as usual, Bakugou only shouting at someone three times today Iida not missing a beat on reprimanding him. Everything was fine, normal.

To everyone else atleast something was wrong to Midoriya. At firsr he thought he was just being paranoid but something was up. Todoroki sat at the far end on the other side of the big table, the one next to him was Tokoyami who himself was participating in competition with Shouji who was right beside him.

It wasn't normal for Todoroki to 'not' sit by Midoriya but he did usually sit somewhere near him. The next thing that made him worried was that he's been in the kitchen with everyone for over ten minutes now and not once did Todoroki raise his head to meet his almost penetrating gaze nor did he glance at anyone else. It also wasn't normal for Todoroki to 'Not' talk he was a quiet guy, but he would visually look lively an observing. But right now he just had his head in his bowl eating his breafast, face cold.

'Was he upset? did something happened?'

Breakfast went on and Midoriya tried not to glance at the bi coloured boy across the room since it was futile and he wasn't going to look at anyone and he didn't want to bring attention to Todoroki because he probably wouldn't like that.

People soon started filing out up on Finishing their meal, Todoroki being one of the first to leave.

Midoriya watched him walk out the door till he couldn't see him anymore then began to think to himself.
'maybe I should talk to him.'

Midoriya excused himself the fading conversation of Mochi vs Fancy Cheese the last thing he heard up on leaving the kitchen, he chuckled to himself knowing the people behind that argument.

He walked towards the stairs he decided he liked taking them more these days, he was almost up the first flight when he heard someone call him.

"Deku!"

"Uraraka?"

"Great I caught, you I ask you to swing by my room later to discuss some stuff alright?"

Midoriya swallowed knowing it was probably about the date, he knew she was super excited and he was happy for her but why did his chest hurt so much when he nodded his head compliance.

The brunette clapped her hands.
"Great I'll see you later, I gotta get back to the kitchen, I think I'm winning the debate.

She was gone after that. Leaving Midoriya dazed on the stairs. He sighed continuing his trek to Todoroki's room.

He was now infront of his door and he didn't understand why he felt so nervous.

'I like Todoroki.' right. his own words echoed in his head, he was going to date Uraraka so I would have been better for him If he stayed away from the bi-colored boy for a while so these confused feeling may subside but.. Todoroki seemed down and upset and it was his duty as Shouto's Friend to make sure he was alright.

Sticking with that notion and ignoring his feelings he mustered the strength to knock.

two knocks and a fighting step back later, there was nothing so he decided to knock three more time,

"Todoroki.. are you there." it was still quite, he was about to dedeuce that he probably wasn't in his room and begin looking elsewhere when the door suddenly clicked and ripped opened.

"Todoroki-hey..um...can-can we talk?"Midoriya quickly taking the first slice to talk. The taller boy eyes looked dull and hesitate before he gave a audible sigh and wordlessly stepped aside to let Midoriya in.

The air was uncomfortably thick with something indescribable as the two boys sat on his futon facing each. Midoriya looked at the boy infront of him, he refused to meet Midoriya's eyes, keeping them low at the sides, his hair mixing in random placing as it was slightly messy, he probably went back bed, would explain his futon being out.

"Todoroki...I just wanted to check on you, you seemed really down at breakfast, is something wrong?" a moment past and he was just met with silence.

Todoroki please-

"When's your date with Uraraka again?" Shouto suddenly cut in, completely disregarding Midoriya question. The green boy frown 'where did that come from?' he decided to just humor him and ease into a comfortable conversation with him For now.

"Saturday." He answered simply trying to study his expression, Todoroki finally turned to Midoriya.

"I think we should stop this." His eyes were serious and peircing his.

"Stop what?"

"The kissing." as he said that his expression soften. "Your already an amazing kisser, at least from my perspective. So I don't think we need to do this anymore."

"oh." Midoriya bowed his head a bit a swirl of emotion capturing him, he heat in his cheeks at Todoroki complimenting his 'skills' but he didn't know why he felt so disappointed and almost kicked at Todoroki decision.... though he's right.

"I-I suppose your right." Now it was Midoriya turn to dodge eye contact.

The stayed quite awhile before Midoriya spoke again trying to ignore an unknown pain, trying hard to keep his voice neutral.

"You..You still haven't told me if you were fine This morning."

"I'm fine really...I was just still abit tired is all I'm fine, really."

Midoriya didn't really believe it but he seemed more calm now so he guest he should leave it at that. He also looked like he was sleeping so he suppose he should leaven him be for now but before that-

"ok. that goods. And I before I leave I just want to thank you for doing this for me, for us .. it's not something .. friends usually do together heh-heh" Midoriya laughed nervously trying to lighten the mood.

"yeah.. its no problem..it would be helpful to me as well,....plus I already said I'd do anything for you." Todoroki smiled bitterly mumbling the last part, but Midoriya heard it, his heart feeling light for a second.

"Then before I go, could I asked something selfish?"Midoriya fisted his pants, already regretting what he was about to say.

Todoroki looked more then curious as he nodded but decided to to verbally answer as Midoriya wasn't looking at him.

"Sure ..what is it?"

"Can we......"He started but finished softly.

"Can you repeat that but louder?"..

Midoriya gave frustrated sigh and looked up at Todoroki revealing his enflamed cheeks.

"Can we Kiss one last time."

***"********************************