• (O) Kagami Taiga x Bullied!Reader

Different

{03.16.19}
Word Count: 1200

❀✿❀✿❀

Your POV

You sigh sadly as you eat lunch by yourself once more. You weren't very popular, and the one person you had as a friend moved away. Now, you were alone.

You hated having many friends because you knew they'd all leave you someday, and you didn't want that. So, you were only stuck with having one. The problem with that was that when she moved, you were all alone.

You were brilliant and preferred to stay home, instead of others who stayed out late for parties or for sports games. In short, people found you weird. No one even wanted to get to know you! So, instead, they picked on you and made fun of you every chance they got.

Except for one.

That one person you never caught staring at you and watching you in admiration, the one who longed to sit beside you and accompany you.

That man was Kagami Taiga.

He thought you were different—different from the other girls who only wanted him for his looks and his body. In fact, you didn't even know who he was—that is, until the upcoming Pep Rally.

***

You sit uncomfortably in the bleachers with all the other students as they cheer and yell loudly. It was crowded, and some people pushed and shoved against each other. Some of them were hitting you, making you regret your sitting position.

You watched as people cheered louder and louder when the pep rally began. Teams after Teams were introduced. Finally, it was time for the Basketball Team.

You sigh in relief. It was the last team that had to be introduced. After this, you could all go home. You just sat there and waited for them to finish, hoping they would go faster.

You gasped in surprise as the gym got even louder, the students screaming louder than ever before. You looked over at the door to see who they were all making a big fuss over.

"And finally! Last but DEFINITELY not least, KAGAMI TAIGA!!!!"

As soon as the coach announced his name, everyone got up from their seats and started jumping, blocking your view and causing you to fall onto the ground. You rub your head and groan softly in pain, rubbing your elbow softly afterwards.

"Hey, you okay?"

As you hear these words, you look up to see the cheerleaders surrounding you, your eyes widening as they dump a giant tub of cold water over your head.

The gym burst out into laughter—hell, even the teachers laughed! You looked down and felt your eyes begin to water. But you refused to show them your tears. You got up and tried to run away from the gym, but you slipped and fell flat on your face.

The gym burst out into more laughter. The tears you were holding back were becoming more complicated to hide. You felt so small, so helpless. You were about to get up again when a warm, oversized jacket was draped over your shoulders.

"Hey, you okay?"

You were afraid to look up this time, so you kept your head down. But the voice sounded soft and gentle, so you looked up to see a red-haired boy crouched down to you, looking over you in concern.

The boy seemed irritated by the crowd, so he got up, faced the crowd, and yelled.

"SHUT UP!!!!!!"

His voice roared over their laughter, and the crowd died down immediately. You watched with wide eyes as he did so, clutching his oversized jacket around your small frame. He turned back to you and smiled, causing your cheeks to turn pink.