-1-

CLANK

kshhhhh....

The heavy silver door opened with a metallic thump and an equalization of air. 

The small figure in the corner shied away from the open door, knowing exactly what was going to happen next but knowing there was absolutely no stopping what was about to happen.

Two men entered the room, both in dazzling white suits with black gloves, shoes, ties, and sunglasses. It was no wonder they wore sunglasses inside, everything was blindingly white, it was all pure and pristine, making any head go dizzy if they stared too long into the blank nothingness. The little boy in the corner lowered his head into his huddled form, not ready for whatever the Guys In White needed to do with him. He was never ready, but they always needed something from him, weather it be for science or just their sick amusement.

The agent on the left scowled at the boy sitting on the floor. "Get up scum," He said with distaste, spitting the words out like the acid they liked to coat on the child's arms.

The boy did not move, the singular act of rebellion he was able to do.

A sinister smile played on the agents lips, they liked it when he rebelled. The little boy was known for his obedience, if only because there was no other option. Nonetheless, when the abomination rebelled the agents were more than eager to punch him back into his rightful place. They couldn't wait to see the blood on the floor and the experiment along with it, mewling and shaking with fear as it always did. Seeing a halfa in such a state always sent a surge of pride and confidence through any human that saw, having a powerful halfa so defeated at their feet made them feel invincible.

The agent got closer, his shadow swallowing the small figure. "I said GET UP." He sent a smashing kick to the white haired boy's gut. The little experiment whimpered as it was kicked against the wall, when the foot retreated it slowly rose to its feet.

His small, shaky, blood stained hands were in chains, a blinking green collar wrapped tight around his thin neck. A metal muzzle covered his nose and mouth, his cries being the only words allowed to come from the halfa. In fact they sought out his noises, but if he ever tried to speak there would be punishment. His big, but dull, eyes had a hunted, defeated, look about them, a lifeless green sheen in its punishing afterlife.

The other agent quickly and forcibly shoved the white haired experiment towards the door, the other agent walking closely behind him. The child never looked up, for it was a sign of defiance, and if he even showed a hint of disobedience it was a one way ticket to painvill. Population? Him.

They walked briskly, the boy barely able to keep up with the agent's longer and faster gait. He only had just enough muscle to function, his eternally aching stomach had been long starved, but it was nothing new. The small child's scrawniness showed through the thin fabric that was his clothes, his rib cage and hips and sunken in cheeks all testified of the boy's lack of nourishment.

The long white corridors seemed endless and empty, void of anything resembling happiness or comfort. Even their footsteps seemed quiet. The air was thick with something cold he could never put his finger on, it felt alive, but dead. Cold, but not in the comforting way he knew. A sinister cold, one yearning to snuff out life.

It was rather unsettling, but it was something he grew used to, something he was forced to know well.

The trio came upon a heavy double door that the boy knew led to the lab room. Fear and bile rose in his throat, his breath hitching as he mentally prepared himself for another day of torture and pain. There was nothing he could do about it, he tried before and failed, the repercussions were the worst thing to ever happen to him. The child took a deep raspy breath and swallowed his fear(as much as he could anyway), being afraid and showing it only egged the agents on. The agent in front swiped his ID card and the door unlocked with an audible 'CLUNK'.le