-4-

Danny was so confused, too many things had happened before Batman left, there wasn't enough information to figure everything out and it hurt his brain. So he just settled with calming himself down, he kept rocking, his hands gripping his ankles tight and keeping them as close as possible. His eyes went from left to right, scouring his surroundings for anything ANYTHING that could be a threat.

Nothing moved, nothing changed, it was eerily silent save it be his own gasping breaths and rocking limbs.

It was familiar, but this room was not, the table-bed thing only had the head of it to the wall so it was more in the middle of the room. He wasn't sure he liked it there, but it made the room feel smaller and he liked that, but then again it made half the room harder to see so he just imagined it was a wall.

He then focused on himself, he had pants, still no shirt, but when he noticed something odd he released his ankle and lifted his right hand to his face. His hand was clean of blood, when did that happen? He didn't feel wet, the ground held no evidence of water anywhere, wait hadn't he thrown whatever liquid was in the cup when he ran away from Agent A? Where was that water? Or vinegar? The ground was clean, no water, no nothing.

How was he clean then? It made him uneasy, he checked the rest of himself over, his chest was clean, his arms were fine, even his feet felt softer than they ever had. He put a hand up in his hair, relieved to find some grime in it, it was definitely less dirty than before but it was still clumpy and matted in some places. That meant he wasn't cleaned while unconscious, they might have just wiped down his visible skin instead of a full body clean. Still, he checked his pants, they were new pants, and his legs under his pants still held evidence of blood and grime. That's good, that meant they stayed away from his private area.

This body evaluation calmed Danny, he felt better knowing what they did and didn't do to his body while he was unconscious. Being unconscious with the GIW was scary, anything could happen.

But this bat guy, BatMAN, he seemed different, much different than any GIW agent. He still didn't understand half of anything the man had said, and the way he said it wasn't the normal way people shouted at him. Not to mention he wasn't hit at all. The only punishment he had was the pressure thing, but looking back on it, it didn't hurt him, uncomfortable yes, but he wasn't in pain. Something was wrong here, but Danny could do nothing about it but at least try to escape punishment. There was nothing but GIW, right?

He settled his chin on his knees, slowing his rocking until it was from side to side instead of back and fourth. His eyes stayed low as he thought deeper and re-latched his hands around his ankles. Wasn't there a time he wasn't with the GIW? A... oh what's the opposite of male... feline? No that's something else... fe... female! That's it! A female!

He could remember a female, red hair, not really on fire but in the sun it looked like a blazing hot bonfire.

Oooooh the sun! When was the last time he saw the sun? Wasn't there another softer light producing circle at night? When was night? Night sounded much cooler than sun-time... oh wait doesn't that have a special name too... didn't it start with a 'd'?

The little halfa calmed even more with these thoughts, musing about things he hadn't seen in years was slightly scary, considering that he didn't know if he was right or not, but it did help distract his mind from worse things.

Danny continued these playful thoughts, making it a game to try to remember anything and everything about life before the GIW. He remembered some people, but they didn't hurt him, he had barely come up with the word 'parents' when the room suddenly got really dark.

The small experiment sucked in a breath and jerked up to witness the world gone black. Shadows replaced the creamy white and for a scary moment he was engulfed in inky embrace.