Chapter 2 - "Kindling the Fire"

-~-~ Ari ~-~-

Sometimes I have to do something I like to call: kindling the fire. This usually consists of beating Fabia at something to make me feel better, staying up a night, staring at the stars, anything just to keep the fire alive and thriving.

Fabia doesn't really mind when I go through these "stages", she's usually cool about it. One thing she's never really understood is parentage. I always wonder about where I'm from, who my mother/father is.

Like Fabs(my little nickname for Fabia.

I'm not sure she likes it), I grew up here all my life, supposedly an orphan. I never believed that. I knew somewhere out there someone had raised me. I just don't know who.

Fabia on the other hand, well, I'm not so sure. She looks like a human, she's learned English and can speak it fluently, but she's always seemed a bit... "Alien" I guess. Different than others in a way(the blue hair is a real giveaway that she's different). However, that still doesn't change the fact that she's one of the only individuals I've ever really bonded with. I'm so jealous her hair. It's just this beautiful shade of deep blue, I'm just sporting my dull shade of brown.

These are the kinds of things I think about from time to time. It's a little depressing sometimes. I find ways to cheer myself up.

For the most part.

Other than that, I just train. Home in my skills. For what reason? I'm not completely sure. There's nothing else I can do really.

There are other things Fabia doesn't understand, also. For example, boys. Many of the guys our squad I consider "attractive". There's not much to do from day to day so I always wonder it would be like...

See Fabs never really thought that way. She's not really interested in a way, I'm not sure why. I'm sure there's a reason.

Anyway, like I said, there isn't much to do from day to day. The trainers will help us, but mostly we were "left to our own devices". To be honest, we're all probably better than the trainers at this point.

My "department" is definitely aim/shooting. Fabs on the other hand is more skilled in combat. Armed, unarmed, hand to hand, it doesn't matter. She's done them all. We all have basic survival skills, one of my closest guy friends, Jace, was said to have survived a week in the survival simulator, deep space, no rations or anything. Just a wrecked ship. I don't know what I would've done in that position. I'm not very good in stressful situations. Well... not as good. But whenever Fabs in put in a commanding. position, she knows exactly what to do, what strategies to play, all while keeping a cool head. I envy her for that.

That's kind of her speciality: Strategy. She loves chess. When we first we're taught how to play it, she was all over it. She went undefeated for 4 weeks. I lost a lot of games. If life were chess game, I'd probably be a pawn. But a skilled one at that.

-~-~ Author's Note ~-~-

Hey guys, this chapter was kind of a test to see if I could do more than one character in this story. I liked how it turned out, so I'm sticking with two characters for now. Ari will definitely be a different and "loud" character, and will greatly influence the story I had planned prior to this chapter. Hope you enjoy, expect a new chapter every day or every couple of days. Thanks for the support, lots of love.

Vivamus vitae maxime - Live life to the fullest

-J