six {Arya's POV}

"I promise, Peter, I'm fine," I said with a laugh after he had asked me for the I-don't-even-know-how-many time this morning if I was okay. Most of my injuries were healing amazingly and my ribs were only a bit sore. Nothing seriously hurt anymore, which I was really glad about. 

I had an appointment with the principal later today about my sudden absence from school when I left for Seattle, and apparently, Tony was invited to be there as well. I risked getting held back a year because I had missed important things, such as tests, quizzes, and extracurriculars. My grades had dropped severely and if I missed any more school, I knew I wasn't going to make it through the year. 

Peter and I entered Midtown and we walked to my locker, where we found our group of friends waiting for us. MJ smiled at me. "I'm glad you're okay," she said. 

I nodded. "Yeah, me too."  

"You're lucky Spider-Man and his sidekick were there or things would've ended a whole lot different," Betty Brant commented. 

"Yeah, it's a good thing they were there," I agreed. 

"But she's not really his sidekick, right?" Ned spoke up. "They do equal work." 

"No one knows her name though," MJ pointed out. 

"Maybe she's just a more private person," Ned said. 

"Or she's just really his sidekick," Betty shrugged. 

"Guys, can we drop it? What does it matter anyway? They were there to save the day," Peter said. "We have Physics. Let's get going."

***

"Miss Findley, thank you for coming," Mr Morita, Midtown High's principal said, as he sat down across from me with his hands folded on his desk. "You too, Mr Stark, although I must admit that it was a surprise when Arya's contact changed from her mother to you, her father."

Tony smiled. "Yeah, it was a surprise to us too. I've known Arya since she was a kid and I never would've thought that she was my daughter. But she is and we're here for more important business," he said, folding his hands on the desk. 

"Yes, I agree," Mr Morita agreed. "Arya missed over three weeks of school, which means she's behind on all of her subjects. We could, of course, sign her up for tutoring classes outside of school but I'm not sure if that's going to be enough to get her through the year. I could pull some strings to let her redo the tests she missed to at least give her the chance to catch up, but I'm afraid that it's going to be too big of a challenge." 

Tony chuckled. "Well, if I know anything about Arya is that she never gives up, so if she wants to pass this year along with her friends, she's willing to work for it." 

I nodded. "And I really want to pass this year. I'm still pretty new but the friends I've made over these last few months are really important to me and I don't want to get left behind. I want to do whatever is necessary to pass the year," I said. 

Mr Morita looked at me for a second, the hint of a smile lingering on his face. "That's good, but as I said, I don't know if it's possible. It would mean a lot of extra hard work on top of your usual school work. I don't know if you have any hobbies or jobs, but I suggest dropping those for a while until you're all caught up again." 

"So you're letting me continue?" I asked hopefully. 

He sighed. "If you really think you can handle it, I'm letting you continue," he agreed. 

"Yes, I really do. Thank you so much, sir" I said happily, standing up to shake his hand with a broad smile. Tony got up as well and offered Mr Morita his hand. 

"Thank you. You won't regret it," he said with a nod of his head. 

"I don't doubt I will. Arya is one of our best students. It would be a shame if she were to be held back, especially when it comes to college applications," Mr Morita said. "I expect to see you tomorrow morning, Arya. Mr Stark, it was good to see you." 

We said goodbye and exited the office. I turned to Tony with a broad smile. "Thank you for helping me out. I don't know what I would've done if I had to redo the year," I said. 

"Of course, kid. I was in high school once too. I know what it is," he replied, wrapping an arm around my shoulders as we walked to his car. 

"Tony?" I spoke up softly, gaining his attention. We stopped on the sidewalk and he turned to look at me. "Is it okay if I move in with you and Pepper again?" 

"Move in? You don't want to live in your apartment anymore?" he questioned with a frown. 

I shook my head. "I liked being on my own for a bit, but things are different. I think I'm ready to move back in with you, if you'll have me," I told him. 

"Are you sure? I don't want you to-" 

"Yeah, I'm sure," I cut him off, smiling reassuringly. "I've thought a lot about it and I really miss those nights where we would hang out and watch a movie. Or when you would be cooped up in the lab working on some project and I kept you company." 

Tony smiled. "I'd like that. We can start bugging Pepper with karaoke again." 

I giggled. "Can't wait." 

We continued our walk to Tony's sleek orange car that I loved to be in and I stepped in on the passenger's side. "You know, I can teach you how to drive," he offered as he sat down next to me. 

I chuckled. "I'm not even old enough to get my licence." 

"You're never too young to get started," he pointed out. 

I nodded. "Yeah, you're right," I said. "I'd love to, Tony. Thanks. 

He steered the car out of the parking lot and I took out my phone, updating Peter on the situation, although I knew he wasn't going to reply anytime soon. Since I had that meeting with the principal and was now on my way to Tony's place, the Avengers compound upstate, Peter agreed to go on patrol on his own this afternoon. I was still recovering from the bus accident, so it wasn't a good idea even if I wanted to join him. 

"Pepper isn't home right now. She's in London for a meeting with potential partners for the company," Tony spoke up as he parked the car outside the compound. My eye fell on the blue stress ball that he kept in the car. His therapist had advised him one since it calmed him down in stressful situations. 

"That's fine. I'm sure she's back soon," I replied, getting out of the car and heaving my school bag on my shoulder. 

Not even thirty minutes later, we were in the living area. Both of us had a box of pizza in our lap as we were watching the second Star Wars movie. Neither of us had seen them and since Peter and Ned were such big fans, I became curious. 

My phone buzzed and I picked it up. I frowned and sat up, pausing the movie. "What's wrong?" I heard Tony ask but my ears were buzzing, making his voice sound like it was miles away. All I could think about was the headline I just read. 

'Attack on Local Library. 4 Deaths, Numerous Injured.'