Chapter 1- Rapunzel

I step into the compound, unsure of my surroundings. I'd never been to a public school before, or school at all. I've been home-schooled my entire life, and entering this school was a completely new sensation. Especially since I was joining as a sophomore this year, and I wouldn't know anybody.

I wince as I see somebody, a freshman, no doubt, get slammed against a locker by an older girl with her hair dyed a grotesque lavender color. She wore all black, topping off of her outfit with hoop earrings and goth-like makeup. This was someone I was going to have to avoid. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard, taking in the fact that she was probably a senior.

"What are you looking at?" the girl snarls, turning her head towards me. I freeze and take a moment to respond.

"N-nothing." I stammer back.

"Good." the girl says. "And you didn't see nothing." 

I gulp, nod, and continue. I do know people here, only a few, because they live in my neighborhood. I live in a high rise apartment  complex, and a girl my age lived across from me. Her name was Belle. She told me she attended Disney High. I had told her I was home-schooled. Not anymore. I wondered if I would see her around here. 

A loud thud sounds in my ears, and pain shoots through my body. I stumble against the wall of lockers, and look up to see the obstruction. A tall girl stands there, her copper skin practically glowing in the dim fluorescent lighting of the hallways. Straight black hair runs down her back in a tautly done braid. Her almond-shaped eyes widen with surprise and worry as she sees me.

"I'm terribly sorry!" she exclaims, her hand covering her mouth. "Are you alright?" 

"Y-yes, I am." I stutter, then try to get a grip on myself. "I'm Rapunzel. You are?" 

The girl's eyebrows arch for just a split-second, but I can still see it. "I'm Pocahontas. Junior year. Are you new to this school?" 

"Yes, I'm starting as a sophomore here. I've been home-schooled all my life." I reply.

"Oh." says Pocahontas. "You might have trouble making friends at first, but most of the students here are really sweet. And you've already made one friend." she smiles and holds out her hand.

I smile back even more brightly and shake it gently. "Thank you. I'll see you around then?" 

"Yep." she says. "See you."

As I watch her leave I come to realize that I'm not doing so bad at this school. The bell to signal that first period was starting soon sounds, and I jump as I realize that I didn't know how to navigate this school. "Crud." I mutter under my breath. I find the right hall by myself, but I can't seem to find the class. Noticing someone coming out of the bathroom, I tap on their shoulder. "Excuse me?"

A boy turns around, with tan skin and unruly black hair. "Hi!" he says.

"Hi." I say. "Do you know where Mr. Radcliffe's room is?" I ask.

"Yes, I do." the boy replies. He sports a purple shirt and jeans with white Jordans. A somewhat weird combination, but I wasn't one to judge. "It's the last room at the end of this hall on the right. I'm Aladdin, by the way."

"Thank you!" I say. "I'm Rapunzel. Nice to meet you, Aladdin." 

"It's been cool." he says. "I've gotta get to class. Bye!"

I send him a small wave and walk down to Mr. Radcliffe's choir room. Maybe today hadn't been so bad after all!

...

The bell rings for lunch and I make my way down to the cafeteria, my lunchbox in hand. With a pang I realize I have nowhere to sit, until a voice calls out, "Rapunzel!"