Chapter 7- Ariel

"Cinderella?" I gasp, looking at the scene in front of me. Henry Charming looks just a surprised as I am when Cinders pulls out the matching glass flat. "What?"

"It-it. What?" Henry sounds exactly like I do. "This is incredible!"

Cinderella dips her head and smiles shyly. "Sorry I was late."

Henry still looks skeptical. "Put your hood on, please." Cinderella does so, and Charming gasps. "It is you!" Cinderella gives him a weak smile.

I was overjoyed for her, but at the same time a little bit jealous. I'd never dated a boy, and wasn't planning on dating any until I met the one. I grin, letting out a little sigh and Cindy and Charming's overjoyed faces, and spin on my heel and leave.

It's as I'm walking when I notice a boy, with jet-black hair and piercing blue eyes, walk out to the balcony. I feel a certain pull towards him, but it couldn't be him. It can't be, I'll just ignore it. I think to myself.

I look out the window to where the boy is standing. Eric, I remember somebody saying. He's cute, I observe. Could it be? No. My mind is at war with itself, and I'm stuck in the middle of it.

"Ariel?" Jasmine asks, walking up to me. "The party's over."

"Yeah." I say, distracted for a second, then I snap back to reality. "We should leave those two on their own." I look over at Cinderella and Charming, who are chatting quietly and in an awkward-friendly kind of way.

"Bye, Cinders!" Jasmine yells to her. She gaves a small wave and goes back to talking to her newfound date.

"Didn't she say those shoes belonged to her mother?" Jasmine asks, looking at our blonde friend. I nod.

"Hey, she and him are going to homecoming together, then? What fairytale are they going to be?" I ask. "I'd like to be the mermaid from The Little Mermaid."

"Cool. I think I'd dress up princess Badroulbadour from One Thousand and One Nights. I look like her anyway." Jasmine says. "But I have to find a date first."

"I know, right?" I say. "It seems like none of us have found a date except for Cinders and Rose."

Jasmine grins from ear to ear at something I cannot see. "That's not true." she says, pointing to Rapunzel, who was talking to a senior I recognized as the infamous Flynn Rider.

"Punz?" I whisper in disbelief. "I would never have guessed."

"No one would've." Jasmine laughs and waves to our friend. Rapunzel waves back and mouths something to Flynn, who nods and saunters off.

"So..." I start slyly as she walks over to us. "Flynn Rider, huh?"

Rapunzel blushes. "No. We're just friends."

"Right." Jasmine says, and then takes Rapunzel by the arm and starts towards the door. "Let's go."

"Bye!" Charming's distinct voice yells from behind us. I turn and wave goodbye to him, and my eyes widen a bit as I see the black-haired boy standing next to him. "So, Eric." he says, turning to other guy.

Eric. What a dreamy name. When I was little, I used to think all the hot guys were named Eric or Aidan. Why, I wasn't sure.

Then it hits me. If Cinderella was going with Charming, then maybe she could introduce me to him. I don't care if he doesn't ask me to homecoming, I'd just like to be friends, if possible.

I shake my head slightly as I get in the uber that Jasmine's father had given us. "My mother will be worried." Rapunzel says nervously. "I told her I'd be home by one. And it's 12:30."