Chapter 14- Adam

Hey, I'm back from the dead! I'm aware that I haven't been active for the past few months, but rest assured as long as this coronavirus continues to keep us at home, I will be trying to stay on top of updating. Anyway, I wanted to have an Adam chapter in here so we could develop that relationship.

I have not decided whether or not Gaston will be in this chapter, but if he is, then I sincerely apologize in advance for anything that offends. He's just that type of guy. Also, I've changed my username to idacarvalli, so if you search me up, it'll be under that name. Thanks!

Rain pours heavily outside, droplets pitter-pattering against my window. The dawn sun is just beginning to peek out from behind the thick grey clouds that veiled the sky. It was lonely in my estate; lonely especially since my parents had died and the housekeepers had started taking care of me.

My English homework lays out in front of me, scribbled down quickly and carelessly. I look at it, and turn away; perhaps I should have given it more thought.

Whatever I hadn't finished last night, I could finish at school; I was already dressed and not hungry at all. There was loads of time before first period started. Sighing, I hurry down the steps, grabbing my backpack along the way.

Downstairs, Mrs. Potts is waiting for me; the tea kettle on the stove is going off wildly. I wonder how I didn't hear that before.

"Tea, Master Adam?" asks Mrs. Potts as I rush by her.

"Thank you, Mrs. Potts," I say, not bothering to look at her. "But I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I've got a lot of homework to do."

"Of course, of course," she replies, but I can hear her whispering to herself about my procrastination once she turns around. I crack a smile, a little, to myself.

Then I pull my hood up over my head and step out the front door. We lived in the countryside, meaning that we weren't anywhere close to where the school bus stops. That was fine by me; the less people I have to talk to, the better.

Seeing as it was raining, there was no use walking to school; I usually took my time arriving to my class, although I was never late. Walking proved to be good exercise, actually. Instead, I fish the car keys out of my back pocket and hop into my car. I had just received my license a few weeks ago and was now legally allowed; why not have some fun with it.

Driving, as it turned out, was much quicker than walking. I reached school in almost ten minutes, which is five times faster than I take walking. It's very early; no one is here yet, except for a window on the second floor. The blinds are open; it was my lucky day. Lady Tremaine was here early.

The school doors have barely just opened before I swing myself in through them. One of the counselors gives me an annoyed look as I walk in. I ignore her, and head straight up to Lady Tremaine's room.

Tremaine kept her room clean; very clean. Mopped until you could see your reflection in the floor.

Not that I wanted to see mine, of course.

Lady Tremaine sits at her desk, on a computer. She appears to be alone, at least until I spot another girl with her hood up hunched over a thick book. I take a seat as far away from her as possible.

I reach down to take my homework out from my backpack, almost at the same time as the girl unveils herself.

Belle. I grimace, and turn my head away, but not quickly enough. She sees me, and for a split second, our gazes meet. Then I turn back to my homework.

Too late. "Hey!" say Belle, coming over to me. I look at Tremaine quickly, but she seems to have nodded off.

"Hello," I say, not meeting her eyes.

Belle frowns. "You're ignoring me," she says finally.

"Really?" I say sarcastically. "What gave it away?"

Belle huffs. "I just wanted to thank you again for