003. chapter two

ELEANOR pushed the front door open. The overwhelming smell of booze stung her nose as she stepped inside her house. Eleanor rolled her eyes, nearly gagging at the aroma, before taking her key out of the front door and shutting it lightly.

Henry was to be home soon and she wanted to get some peace and quiet before her brother came in her room, lecturing her standing up for Bill, Richie, Eddie and Stan.

It wasn't that Eleanor didn't love her brother. She loved him when he protected her from her dad. But every time she saw the boy who hugged her and treated her wound on her cheek bully other innocent kids, her heart broke a little.

Eleanor slid off her sneakers and walked up the stairs. She turned the corner into the hallway, tripping on an empty beer bottle. She caught her balance and scoffed before continuing to her room.

She lightly shut the door and slid off the bag, that was loosely slung on her shoulder. Walking over to her bed, Eleanor flopped down on it. Her eyes fluttered shut, thinking about everything that had happened to her today.

Her new hope-to-be friends. Henry and his bipolarness. Her dad and his rage. Standing up to Henry.

In a split second, Eleanor's door slammed open, hitting the mirror that was placed behind her door, making the glass fall to the carpet.

Eleanor sat up. "Henry!" She angrily exclaimed at him. She rushed over to the mirror that was in pieces on the ground. She knelt and cupped the glass in her hands.

The mirror placed behind her door had gold vines growing around the frame. Roses were scattered around the frame also. The mirror carried a lot of memories of her mother and her family before she ran out on them.

"Henry, that was the mirror that mom gave me!" She shouted at him.

She could feel his gaze burning into her back but she ignored him. Right now he wasn't worth her time.

"I'm sorry, Elly" He spoke softly. "I didn't mean to, you know that"

Eleanor gave up and dropped the glass pieces, before shifting slightly away from Henry. Her gaze met his. "What the fuck do you want?" Eleanor hissed at him.

Henry shook his head slightly. "Why did you defend those kids today?" He asked her.

Eleanor chewed the inside of her lip, nervously. "I have no friends, because of you by the way, and those boys were nice to me" Eleanor told. Henry furrowed his brows.

"Why would you even want to hang out with them? They're fucking losers"

Eleanor glared at her brother. "If they're losers that makes me one"

Henry scoffed. "You're my little sister but sometimes I can't believe you. Sometimes I don't even think I know you"

Eleanor rolled her eyes. "That's because you are always too busy bullying people to forget your problems to recognize what I do. You barely know me" She told him.

Henry looked genuinely hurt. "Really, El? After everything I do for you, and you think I don't know you?" He asked more angrily.

"What do you know about me?" She challenged. "I bet you didn't know that I skateboard. I bet you don't know I steal dad's cigarettes. Fuck, you didn't even know that was the mirror mom gave me"

"You steal dads cigarettes?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"That's all you got from that?"

Henry shrugs weakly.

"You know what, I'm leaving Henry. I don't want to get more angry and say something fucking I regret" She said weakly, pushing past his tall figure and walking down the hallway.