005. chapter four

ELEANOR'S eyes darted to the stream outside of the sewers. There was a chubby boy who was out of breath and bloodied up. Eleanor rushed out of the sewer and over to his side, followed by Richie and Stanley.

"Holy shit!" She shouted. The boy looked up at her, with tears coating his eyes. Eleanor interlocked their fingers and pulled him to his feet, leading him over to the boys bikes.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Richie asked the boy, frantically. The boy gasped for air before looking back at Richie.

"Bowers" He breathed out. Eleanor closed her eyes and grounded her teeth together.

"I'm going to fucking kill him" She hissed.

Bill stepped out of the sewer before running to his bike and wheeling it over to the boy, while Eleanor helped him onto the seat. Eddie, Richie and Stanley were already on their bikes but now there was the question that basically no one had the answer to. Where would they go?

Eleanor grabbed her skateboard and walked over to the boys. 

"Where do we take him?" Stanley asked, looking around at the group. Eleanor looked over at Richie, who looked absolutely clueless before looking back to Stan.

"We can take him to Keene's Pharmacy" She offered. "We can get supplies there"

"T-Then we get E-Eddie to fix him up" Bill added. 

The boys nodded and started for the streets of Derry. Eleanor skated beside Stan while tuning out Eddie's frantic ramble about their own safety.

Stan glanced at Eleanor, seeing her roll her eyes at Eddie. He smirked and looked back at the road in front of him.

The boys enjoyed having a girl around. A girl who had the most sarcastic comments out of them like Stan. A girl who had a way with words, enjoying writing just like Bill. A girl who was careful like Eddie. And a girl who was funny like Richie.

The ground turned a corner around a set of apartments and into an alleyway. Stopping their bikes and skateboards, they slid off of them and looked over at Bill, who was pulling milk crates from the alley, up to the wall.

Bill glanced at the group. "Richie, Eleanor, you two stay here" Bill commanded. 

Eleanor and Richie sighed before sliding down the wall, beside the boy. Eleanor watched the three boys stumble down the alley. 

"Glad I got to meet you before you died" Richie joked, looking behind his glasses at the boy.

Eleanor reached over the boy and nudged Richie lightly. "Shut up Richie, he's not going to die!" Eleanor scolded.

Eleanor looked over to the boy and gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm Eleanor" she told him. He smiled at her before introducing himself.

"I'm Ben, Ben Hanscom" He introduced, offering her a hand which she gladly took.

"Nice to meet you, Ben" she said sweetly.

"Nice to meet you too "

Richie watched the pair. He had a jealous feeling settling in his stomach but he couldn't figure out why.

Eleanor smiled again before looking over at Richie. "That's Richie Tozier" She told Ben. "I've only known him for twenty four hours but he's an absolute neanderthal with no social skills other than making jokes about his dick"

"Oh, shut your trap, Bowers!" Richie protested. "Everyone loves jokes about Richard's richard!"

Eleanor simply scoffed and looked away, stifling a laugh. 

"Guys!" Eddie shouted while running down the alley, minutes later. Richie, Ben and Eleanor's eyes darted to Eddie. Eddie halted in front of the trio and dropped a bundle of medical supplies on the ground. Stanley trailed behind Eddie while Bill was still at the end of the alley, talking to someone. "We just stole all this shit!"

"You stole it?" Eleanor repeated. 

"Yeah! It was fucking insane!" Eddie replied, sliding down to his knees in front of Ben. 

Eddie picked up a medical supply while Eleanor got up and stood beside Stanley. 

"Well this is going to be quite a show" She whispered to Stan. He chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, it's not often Eddie gets to work his powers" he replied. Eleanor nodded intuitively. "So this is going to be a sight to see"

"You've gotta suck the wound! This is 101!" Richie exclaimed. Eddie rolled his eyes.

"I've gotta focus right now" Eddie complained. "Just get me my bifocals, they're hidden in my second fanny pack" he ordered.

Eleanor and Stans eye's met, eyebrows furrowing with confusion. "Why do you have two fanny packs?" Stanley asked curiously.

Eddie scoffed. "Just. Both of you. Fuck off and-" Eleanor cut Eddie off.

"Sorry bud, Stan the Man and I are just curious about your possession of two fanny packs!" Eleanor raised her hands in defense.

Stanley snickered at her comment but quickly shut his mouth when he saw Beverly Marsh walk down the alley beside Bill.

"Are you okay? That looks like it hurts" she said to Ben.

Ben smiled nervously. "Yeah I-I'm okay" He replied.

Beverly nodded. "Are you sure they've got the 'Right Stuff' to fix you up?" She asked with a wink, making Ben burn red.

Beverly looked over to Eleanor "Hey, it's Eleanor Bowers!" she smiled.

"Hey, Ginger Snap" She replied, pulling out her pack of cigarettes.

Beverly looked over to the boy again. "I should get going" she told them.

"W-wait" Bill stuttered, catching the red heads attention. "W-we were thinking of going to the q-quarry tomorrow"

Beverly smiled. "Will El be there?" she asked, gesturing to Eleanor.

Bill looked back at Eleanor, who was standing awkwardly beside Stan. "Y-yeah, El will b-b-be there" Bill smiled at Beverly.

"Good to know, I'll see you guys tomorrow" She said, waving and heading back down the alley.

"Oh, that's not good" Stanley hissed.

"Did you hear what she did?" Eddie asked. Ben looked up at the group in curiosity.

"What'd she do?" Ben asked.

"More like who'd she do? From what I hear the list is longer than my wang!" Richie laughed, grabbing his crotch like an animal.

"Well that's not saying much" Stan replied, Eleanor laughing at his side.

"How would you two know?" Richie asked her.

Eleanor jokingly stumbled back. "You know what, I stand corrected. I would never go near that thing" she joked.

"Yeah, but she's got a thing for Bill" Richie said, getting back on topic. Ben looked over to Bill.  "They kissed in the school play! Reviews say you can't fake that sort of passion" Richie told.

Bill blushed while Stanley smiled at him.

 "Well shit. I thought you losers would never get a girlfriend" Eleanor laughed before catching a glimpse of Eddie's watch. "Shit, I better get going" she said, reaching for her skateboard.

"I'll go with you" Richie said as he slid her skateboard to her.

"I'll see you all tomorrow at the quarry" she waved at them. "Feel better Ben. I'll get Henry for this" she smiled before riding off into the city of Derry, with Richie beside her.

a/n: finally steady updates yeah baby