Chapter 2: Day After

Lucy texts Natsu the next morning.

Meet me at Fairytail?

A reply two seconds later.

See you in ten.

Lucy assures herself that she freaked out about nothing last night.

The sex was amazing, she can't deny that. And she just puts the fact that she wanted to cuddle him afterwards down to post orgasm attachment or something.

That's a thing, right?

She gets to Fairytail before him and snags a table for the both of them. Natsu arrives a couple of minutes later.

He looks good, as always, and maybe her heart skips a beat when she sees him. She takes a deep breath as he approaches.

"Hey," he smiles, sliding into the chair across from her.

"Hey," she smiles back.

God, why does she feel all gooey inside? It was just sex for fuck's sake.

They sit like that for a moment, smiling at each other stupidly, before Natsu laughs, ducking his head almost bashfully.

"Last night was—" he starts.

"A mistake," Lucy finishes for him. He looks up, more sombrely now.

"Right, yeah," he agrees. "Totally shouldn't have happened."

"We could have completely ruined our friendship."

"We didn't."

"But we could have."

"Yeah. Close call," Natsu grins again.

"So we'll never speak of it again?" Lucy presses.

"My lips are sealed," Natsu assures her.

"Okay, good," Lucy nods. "You want some breakfast?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

************

Lucy doesn't see Natsu for a few days after that.

Not because she's avoiding him. She's just busy with working for her mom at the daycare.

Normal life stuff.

She thinks about him though.

Like, a lot. Specifically, she thinks about him when she goes to bed at night and she can't stop the images of him naked on top of her from flooding her brain.

It's unbearable.

He calls her a little after midnight on Thursday night.

She's awake, reading a book that just got really interesting. She panics when she sees his name pop up on her screen, figuring something terrible must have happened for him to be calling this late.

"Natsu?" she answers, dread pooling in her stomach.

"Hey," is his reply.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"Oh—uh—nothing?" Natsu says. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, it's okay. You just had me worried for a minute."

"Sorry," He apologises again.

"What's up?" Lucy asks, putting her book down.

Now that she knows he's okay, she wonders if maybe this is a booty call.

Is it wrong to hope it is?

"Just... calling to say hi," he says lamely. Lucy smiles. God, he's adorable. "I haven't seen you in a few days."

"Sorry," Lucy says, still smiling. "I've been really busy. You want to have drinks at Fairytail tomorrow night?"

"Sounds good," Natsu says. "You should get some sleep."

"So should you."

"Goodnight, Lucy."

"Night, Natsu."