Chapter 6: Advice

Igneel appears at Grandinies side.

"Lovely to meet you," Lucy says, to fill the awkward silence. She holds out her hand. "I'm Lucy, I live across the street. We haven't officially met."

Grandinie smiles. "Yes, nice to meet you too, Lucy," she says, and stands aside to let Natsu and Lucy inside.

"Dinner's just about ready, so why don't you two have a seat at the table?" Igneel says.

Lucy finds a seat next to Natsu, and he scoots his chair closer to hers so he can rest his hand on her thigh.

Grandinie and Igneel bring out the food, roast lamb and vegetables and set it down on the table.

"I'm glad you could finally come for dinner, Natsu," Grandinie says. Lucy can tell she's nervous, and she prays Natsu goes easy on her. "Igneel says you've been very busy."

"Yeah," Natsu nods.

"Busy with your girlfriend, no doubt," Grandinie smiles knowingly, her eyes sliding to Lucy.

Lucy almost chokes on her mouthful of potato, her face growing hot. Natsus face is bright red as well.

"Oh," he stammers. "She's not my girlfriend," he says quickly. "We're just friends."

Lucy nods in agreement.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she says. "You were holding hands when I opened the door, I just assumed," she shrugs.

"I guess friends do that now?" she looks to Igneel, confused. He shrugs.

Lucy feels like she might die from embarrassment.

"Lucy and I have been friends since we were ten," Natsu explains. "We're very close. But we're just friends."

Why does Lucy's heart feel like it's being stabbed every time he says that?

He squeezes her thigh and her clit gives an answering throb.

Because they're such good friends.

"If you say so," says Grandinie.

Later, Lucy sneaks Natsu past her mom, and he fucks her on the floor of her bedroom.

Lucy knows damn well they aren't just friends, that she doesn't want to be just friends. But she's entirely too terrified to do anything about it.

**********

It's been a few months since Lucy's has seen Mira, but she whirls into town and into the spare bedroom at Lucy's house and it's like no time has passed at all.

They're still the same two girls who are determined to let nothing come between them.

There is one major difference about Mira though.

The huge rock on her left hand that Lucy is sure must weigh as much as Mira herself.

She wears it with pride, brandishing her hand in front of Lucy's face to show it off.

"Oh my god, you're engaged?!" Lucy squeals. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to tell you in person," Mira says. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"It really is," Lucy agrees, grabbing Mira's hand so she can admire the ring. "Congrats, Mira, I'm so happy for you."

"You'll be my maid of honour, of course?"

"Of course!" Lucy squeals again. "Come on, let's get your things upstairs and we can start planning the wedding."

The two girls dump Mira's things in the spare bedroom and then crash on Lucy's bed. Mira tells Lucy about all her ideas for the wedding, though she and her fiancé haven't even picked a date yet.