Smiles Then Tears

It has been some days since that night, you stopped scarring yourself and were doing your best at trying to learn how to actually respond back to people since all you used to do was copying how they responded in the books you read before. And other things you weren't able to do, and Hinata of course would always help you out and stand by your side, the dark circles didn't seem to fade and the tired look in your eyes remained the same, the nightmares still haunted you but less than before... and the fact that you want to die still remains the same...... Well it was impossible to change completely after a few days.

Plus you still wasn't able to get over your social anxiety.

"Hinata I can't..." you said finally giving up.

He was about to encourage you to do more but when he saw the troubled look you gave him he stopped himself from doing so.

"it's okay you tried! Now.... What about we practice...... let's see..... " he stopped speaking for a moment thinking hardly then he continued "AHA! found it ! What about practicing on smiling ! I never saw you smile before plus it's quite easy no ?" he finished giving a big bright smile

You sighed softly and started thinking how were you supposed to smile, after all this years you just forgot how to smile.

After thinking you took a deep breath and tried to copy the smile he gave you just a moment ago.

Hinata was fighting his laugh but it won in the end.

"I-i tried !" you said a little frustrated.

Your smile turned out to be a so awkward and an uneasy one and your face was a little funny to look at, well it looked like everything but a smile.

"haha sorry (L/n) but I was expecting it to be similar to Kageyama's smile but it was more like a child got caught up while eating sugar without permission hahaha" he laughed showing you how Kageyama smiles and trying to look like him with his hair down.

You let out a sigh-like laugh without realizing,

he stopped laughing and looked at you shocked with a slight blush taking place on his face.

"y-YOU DIDN'T JUST SMILE YOU LAUGHED!!" he yelled jumping up and down.

You put your hands over your mouth stopping yourself from laughing. It was the first time in forever you laughed an actually happy one.

"no! Don't stop it was actually amazing ! It's the first time I saw you laughing" he said happily.

After he said those words to you, you felt a blush creeping up to your cheeks as well,

'he's too plain-spoken' you thought looking to the side nervously.

"I...."

he started and you looked at him.

"I have to return to practice before they start yelling at me" he finished nervously.

"oh yeah, thanks for helping me" you thanked him bowing.

Then he took his leave,

And you were left alone with your thoughts,

Time skip :

You didn't see each other as you used to these days because of their training camp, you didn't stay with them saying you would be just a burden but you decided to attend it from today on, there was only two days left before their match though.

You were in front of the mirror trying different ways of smiling but none seemed to work, the good thing was that for once you actually didn't give up, but failed to notice the woman watching you doing so for some minutes.