CHAPTER 2

Starting a book with "A century" of votes in its First Chapter itself is no short of an honour. Thank you so much guys! Let's see If we can make it to "Double Century" or not.

Blessed to have readers who are acceptable to new concepts and plots. 🤗

Here's the much awaited Avni's version of their first meet.

P.S. This particular part is jumping in and out from the Past, you'll understand as yo'll read. Still "Italics" is the Past.

Have a Happy Read.!!

!!

"22nd Feb"

Dear Diary,

I never knew the first fumbling step to my new journey in a new city under a new horizon could bring success, content and happiness to my life. Probably, I never gave chance to life to surprise me or probably I was too scared to even feel happy about myself. Cause it has been forever since I was genuinely happy.

I'm talking about the result of the Interview which turned out to be in my favour. And now I'm the new Assistant Marketing Manager from the subunit of Khanna Industries, which is a giant shark in the ocean of trade.

I was hurtling behind my generously spoiled, overenthusiastic 4-year-old who god knows when took off to cafeteria - which was just a door away from the lounge of the giant corporate building - after her meticulous eye-tour of aquariums. Knowing the sweet tooth she has, I was sure she was following her overdeveloped osmic sense and the fragrances that meant sweets, chocolates, cupcakes, pancakes or simply ice-cream.

But before I could reach Aahana, a dainty woman in pencil skirt from HR department grabbed my attention just at the threshold of cafeteria. While the woman continued to inform me about my selection and joining for the job, along with a set of instructions to be followed while working for Khannas, I pinned my half focus and a side glance on my daughter who happened to have a casual chat with an unknown back-facing stranger near the dessert counter.