Big Accident

Summer and her mom were right behind us when the accident happened. An ambulance was called. Mom was hurt worse. When Summer noticed me at the scene, she screamed my name. Mom was being put in the ambulance. I was just bruised up and so was Shane. Principal Mullins saw it too and was concerned. Mom was admitted to the hospital. Shane and me was in the waiting room.

"This is your fault, you know that?" Shane asked.

"How is this my fault!?"

"If you didn't tell on me we wouldn't have been in this mess!"

"If you weren't such an ass, this wouldn't have happened! All you've been was a total ass! You try to get Mom to side with you! I may be ten, I'm not stupid. I'm sticking it to you!"

"What the hell do you mean by sticking it to me?"

"I'm sticking it to the Man! That's what I'm doing. You're the Man."

"Who taught you this!?"

"Mr. Schneebly! That's who!"

"He is not a teacher! He's a imposter. You will not see him anymore!"

"You are not my father! Why did you marry Mom, is she hot!?"

"Shut up!"

He slapped me.

"I will beat the shit out of you!"

Then, I did the unthinkable.

"Step off!" I screamed.

"You don't tell me to step off!"

He was about to grab me but I nailed him in the nuts. I started to sing.

"Step off! Step off! Step off! Step off! When I do what you say I might turn into a robot. Do my chores day after day and you always shaming me up so step off!"

He got up. I don't sing well but it was cooler in my head.

"So that's how it's gonna be."

"Yes it is."

"Tomorrow, you're gonna clean the kitchen everyday for the rest of your life. Now sit down and shut your pie hole."

We were silent.

"You're stupid. Doing that to me. Using what that Dewey dude taught you against me. That music is a bad influence on your actions."

"You know what Shane, my reality will be a much better place without you. I will be happy and a good little girl if you'd just leave. Get out of our lives."

At home, Shane was dragging me to my room and he locked me in my room. Yes, my room has a lock on the outside. Shane installed it after he started bossing me around.

"When will you learn?"

He walked away.