Chapter 3: Phantom and Shadow

Quick A/N: I haven't been able to draw Phantom Sonic for you guys yet. Sorry. ^^" However, the image shows how he pretty much looks, with some diffrences. His fur is more like a very dark blue and he has some messy black streaks on his back going to his abdomen. Also, his pupil (its yellow on the image) is suppose to be red while the rest of his eyes are a magenta color similar to the Phantom Ruby. Oh, he's also has Imperator IX" symbol on his forehead. It's small, not too big.

That's all for now. Please, enjoy. ^^

"Phantom?" Arrow asked as he raised up his wispon. Kathy was shaking from fear as she slowly raised up her wispon as well. Phantom chuckled as he eyed the clearly shaking female cat.

"I sense your fear, little one. Why are you afraid?" Phantom asked with a small sneer. Kathy gulped as Arrow stood in front of her.

"Leave her alone," Arrow commented as he loaded his wispon, ready to fire at any moment. Phantom cocked his head before laughing in shock.

"The power in that weapon...Very strange and foreign....Very...Weak," He commented as the two cadets took a few steps back. "You think you can protect yourselves? You think just because that leader of yours is now in control...He'll protect you? You don't know the power I possess. I'll give you a moment to flee. You'll need it."

Arrow and Kathy quickly bolted from Phantom, not looking back as Phantom stood there, watching their faces as they ran.

"You see, Sonic. Fear...Is a wonderful weapon," Phantom commented as he could feel Sonic's anger. "Anger works, too. Let's have some fun with the cadets, shall we?"

********************************************************************************************

"Shadow!"

Shadow was sitting on his desk, twirling around a pencil. He didn't even bother to look up as Tails came rushing into his corner office.

"It's an emergency!"

"It's not another 'no more grapes' incident Knuckles had, is it?" Shadow grumbled in annoyance. He honestly hated his job, truly hating the leadership position.

"It's Mecha Sonic! He's been spotted in Sunset Hollow!"

Shadow's ears perked up as he dropped the pencil, letting it roll and fall to the ground. He stood up quickly, fixed his scarf, and quickly followed Tails out of the room.

"Get me eyes on Mecha!" Shadow yelled as Rouge quickly typed on the computer. A camera feed popped up and it showed Mecha Sonic shooting at civilians and buildings as he appeared to be making chase with something. "Who is he chasing?"

"It's Kathy and Arrow, our two newest cadets. From what they reported, someone named Phantom confronted them and let them go. Soon after, they were being chased by Mecha Sonic!" Vector said worryingly.

"Phantom? I never heard of that name before," Silver commented as Amy walked in.

"What do we do, Shadow?" Amy asked, a little concerned. Shadow looked at Amy as she seemed to have a terrified aura around her. She was strong enough to not let her fear show, but Shadow could always sense it.

"I'm going to go check it out. Silver, come with me for back-up. You three as well: Vector, Charmy, and Espio. I might need you for getting those civilians out of there," Shadow stated as each of them nodded. "Everyone else, just be prepared if anything goes wrong. I don't know why Mecha is in Sunset Hollow, especially with the Doctor still in a coma, but we will get to the bottom of this."

Shadow, Silver, and team chaotix went out the doors of the HQ, about to teleport to Sunset Hollow.

"Wait!"