Chapter 5 : empty eyes and broken smile

P.o.v.

Onodera Ritsu

I feel really good at the moment. So I decided to get out of the bed and cook something for Takano.  To tell the truth I'm not very good at cooking but how difficult could it be?  I thought.  And this was my mistake I was completely wrong. I feel kind of stupid beacause I didn't manage to cook anything. I guess I'd better buy something for lunch so I walk toward the fast food near our home. When I come back I set the table and a few minutes later Takano - san comes in.

" Hi "

" Hi "

He looks quite sad. Something must be happend or maybe he doesn't want me to stay in his home.

" Did you make this? " He asks me pointing the food.

" Ah no. I swear I tried but I gave up on it. I'm very hopeless. Anyway I bought it " it's really embarrassing but I'm not good at lie.

"Thanks " he says

His voice is lower than ever.

He's making me worried.

" Anything happened at work? "

" Nothing special "

He is not looking at me.

Why the hell is he not looking at me?

"Are you okay? "

He stares at me without saying a word.

" I'm very tired and I-I need some time on my own "

He's cold. Too cold.

" Oh . Yeah.  sorry to troubled you. Don't you worry I'm leaving now. " I try to seem indifferent but actually I ' m very shocked.

" I just wanted to thank you for taking care of me yesterday " He doesn't answer. 

Time to go.

I keep telling myself.

Time to go.

When I reach home I feel lost. 

My heart hurts a lot. Not beacause of his cold behaviour but because of his expression. I've never seen an expression like the one he had today.  His eyes were pale and empty. His smile broken into a grimace. 

Was that beacause of me?  Maybe he's still angry about what happened with An - chan.  I should have explained him better than I did. I bet it's beacause of this. Actually there is another possibility. But I'd rather refuse it. He's just fed up with me. I have to talk to him. If he doesn't want me anymore he must face me.  I stop.

And what about me?  Am I ready to face him?

"We'll see that" I tell myself.

So I walk toward the Takano's flat.  And without any delay I knock on the door.