48 | LIFE SUCKS, THEN YOU DIE |

TWO THINGS WENT THROUGH JACOB BLACK'S HEAD AS HIS HEAD JERKED BACK WITH THE STRIKE OF RORY'S FIST. One, today was not his day; second, he should've seen that coming.

Blood spurted from his broken nose at Rory's firm punch landed and he truly regretted telling the Pack about Bella's pregnancy just as Rory promised he would. The vampire before him didn't seem hindered by the scent of fresh blood, she was too furious at him to feel thirsty.

"I've had enough of your bullshit, Jacob!" she growled as she shoved him back into the dirt.

Seth had the sense to run to the safety of the house. He had left Sam's Pack for Jacob and it being the right thing to do, but he also didn't have a death wish. He had witnessed Rory tear people apart without lifting a finger, he was smart enough to let others handle the situation.

Jasper reeled back at the scent, immediately holding his breath. Even if Jacob's blood smelled disgusting and unappetizing, it still garnered some burn in any sane vampire's throat. He was more so focused on breaking up the one-sided fight between Rory and Jacob.

"Stop this now!" Edward had already jumped down the balcony, a determined expression on his face as he headed straight for Rory who was in the midst of lifting Jacob up in the air by his throat, seeming to intend to throw him into the woods.

"Sweetheart..." Jasper tried to slowly approach the starving lion inches from skinning the wolf in her claws.

Suddenly, her obsidian eyes flashed on the two vampires nearing her. "Stay back!" Rory commanded them, that dark sheen over her still. "I'm not done with him yet. This is between me and my dear stepbrother," she spat out.

Despite Rory's hand holding him against the trunk of a tree, Jacob managed to choke out, "How many times do I have to say we aren't family!"

"Jasper!" Edward looked at his brother aghast by Rory's action that prohibited him from interfering. The blond gestured to the rumbling pair helplessly, there wasn't anything either of them could do to save Jacob Black with Rory's command holding their will.

"Let me go, you psycho!" Jacob wriggled in her grip, trying to kick her away, but she wasn't having it.

She simply tossed him into the trees like he was a ball she was playing around with and not a full-size werewolf. There was a few odd cracks as his ribs fractured at the force Rory threw him at. He rolled to his feet, shaking in pain and anger, the telltale mark of a wolf shift, but Rory wasn't for it.

"Stop," she hissed and he did to everyone's confusion. No one had expected Rory to be so powerful that she stopped a wolf from shifting despite his high emotions.

Suddenly, they were all interrupted by a loud growl. A grey wolf ran down the hillside of the woods and straight for Rory and Jacob, clearly in the latter's defense. Not expecting the interruption and having been distracted by the other men, Rory raised her arms over her head in self-protection as Leah Clearwater launched herself at her, having no time to move out of the way.

SCREECH

A nasty rip echoed through the air as Rory let out a piercing scream and the spell she had over Edward and Jasper was broken. Leah trotted in front of Jacob protectively, ready to tear another piece of Rory's body off if she tried to attack again. But Rory had snapped out of the darkness as she fell to the dirt, clutching the empty space where her right arm used to be.