Chapter 16: Remember

Author's warning: Warning, this chapter may upset some readers.

Drew opened his eyes. His eyes were quickly able to adjust to the dimly lit room. The walls were a dreary gray, and there was a single torch on the wall. A metal pole split his perception of the torch in half. He realized he was imprisoned. He tried to pull his hands apart, but they were handcuffed behind his back. He growled, frustrated.

"Drew?" A soft voice cut through the darkness. He whipped his head towards the voice. At that moment he realized he wasn't alone in the cell.

"They got you too?" May asked.

"They set a trap, cowards," Drew scoffed. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"Angry, but other than that, fine," he smiled gently.

"Drew, I've been thinking a lot recently, when you asked me if you could ki-," May was cut off.

"Well if it isn't the two lovers? Romeo and Juliet, destined to fall," a mocking sing song voice interrupted May. Brianna strolled in with a painful look on her face.

"What are you talking about?" May asked.

"How sad, everything you figured out was taken away from you, giving us the perfect chance. We got you before you even knew, and now you can't do anything," Brianna taunted.

"Don't be so sure about that!" May challenged, reaching into her pocket. He face drained of emotion when she came up empty handed.

"Looking for this?" Brianna asked. A pokeball was spinning on her finger.

"Blaziken!" May exclaimed!

"Pity, such a powerful Pokémon in the hands of someone as weak as you," Brianna teased. She let the ball drop to the ground.

"Oops," She said feigning innocence. Brianna picked up her foot and brought it down on the Pokéball, cracking it.

"Stop!" May cried. Brianna smirked before continuing to stomp on the ball before she kicked it ferociously against the wall. The ball shattered on impact. Blaziken was nowhere in sight.

"BLAZIKEN!" May sobbed.

"What are you doing!?" Drew asked furiously.

"Making her pay for coming between us love! Don't you know we're meant to be?" Brianna asked, a wild look in her eyes.

"I'd never love somebody like you!" Drew spat, disgusted. Meanwhile, May continuously sobbed at the loss of her companion. Brianna's expression turned shocked.

"You'll regret that! You will love me! I swear it!" She said, starting to cry.

"You're insane," Drew said darkly. Brianna laughed before exiting the room. Once she was gone, Drew ran over to May. At least he tried to. He got a third of the way there before his chain yanked him backwards. He fell onto the hard ground.

"What the?" Drew growled.

"Drew what does she mean by lovers? What happened with Plasma? May asked, tears still streaming down her face. Drew thought long and hard.

"I'm not quite-" suddenly, things came rushing back into his head. His brother, and father plotting against him, May's prophetic dreams, the memories of past lives, his destruction of his father and Team Plasma. He panted heavily as he returned to the moment.

"rew? DREW!" May shouted, worried.

"You're, I'm.... How?" Drew asked, confused at his own memories.

"What is it?" May asked.

"You, me, we're reincarnations of the Lover's Curse, we're supposed to be..." May finished for him,

"Lovers," she paused for a moment.

"I.. I remember now," May said sadly.

"Do you know what Team Magma wants with you?" Drew asked. May nodded.

"They want to use me as a sacrifice, the same as Team

Plasma," May said calmly.

"What!? Why? What do they get out of it?" Drew asked.

"The chance to go back in time. There's a ritual, in which, I can be sacrificed to allow the person to go back into time. What they want to go back in time for is something that I don't know," May explained.

"That's insane, I don't understand why that's a thing," Drew said.

"I don't know either. I guess there had I be a catch to us constantly getting reincarnated, and I guess it's this," May said, it was pretty reasonable.

"We need to get out of here," Drew said.

"I know what to do!" May exclaimed. Her face held a concentrated look.

"What are you doing?" Drew asked.

"Melting my hand cuffs," May said.

"What!?" Drew asked.

"One of the benefits of being April," May said as she pulled her chains right off her wrists.

"How am I supposed to do that?" Drew asked.

"Um, good question. I got it! There's a tiny chain between the hand cuffs. You're hands will still be cuffed but they will look more like bracelets," May said, rushing over to him. Streams of fire came jetting out of her hands, hitting the chains, melting the one attached to the wall, and the one holding the cuffs.

"Alright great escape artist, what's our next move?"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

Oh gosh, this story. It's so close to the end. Genuinely sad right now. It's fine though, love this series, yet can't wait to be done with it. Have fun waiting for two weeks hahaha I'm evil ;).

YouDontKnowShipping