Daily Life

Salvatore looked at Aryan.

"Are you keeping it?" asked Salvatore.

"We are keeping it if - if you- Aryan broke off.

"Don't you want a kid?" asked Aryan.

Salvatore was silent for some time.

"I don't know. I will have to double up the security and well, fuck, we should be fine," said Salvatore.

Aryan looked at him and moved closer to him.

He rested his head on Salvatore's shoulder.

"I want you to think about it," said Aryan.

Salvatore looked at him. He saw Aryan's hand resting on his tummy unconsciously and almost snorted.

"My mamma wanted another kid. She, I have seen her cry forever wishing, hoping. So unless you have any objection, I don't see why not," said Salvatore.

Aryan looked at his stomach and his arm resting there and flushed. He looked up at Salvatore who raised an eyebrow and his lip twitched.

"Shut up," scowled Aryan hitting the man on his shoulder.

Salvatore looked at him.

"Are you okay?" asked Salvatore.

Aryan nodded.

----------------------------------

Salvatore was not sure if he was ready to be a father, but he was definitely not going to say that out loud. He knew Aryan knew that from the looks he gave him whenever they spoke about the child.

Salvatore had nothing to be worried about in this world before. Now, things were changing and he was not sure how to deal with it. But whenever he looked at Aryan, he knew they will be just fine.

Aryan was making use of the pregnancy to the fullest. He was lounging in the hall and he was making breakfast as per the list doctor have.

"Sal" called Aryan.

Aryan was sure every gang member in 15-mile radius heard that! He took the breakfast to Aryan who smiled.

"You are a real pain in the ass," said Salvatore.

"Never advertised otherwise," said Aryan.

Salvatore groaned but obliged him when he opened his mouth to be fed as the doctor has given him a glucose drip. The fact that they had found out much later than usual made the doctor worry and do a few tests. The distress Aryan was going through was the reason and he is yet to start having much food.

He gets moody thinking of dad after some time.

Salvatore wiped the side of Aryan's mouth with a tissue and got up.

"You didn't have anything," said Aryan grabbing Salvatore's hand as he got up.

"I am fine," said Salvatore, but Aryan shook his head.

Salvatore indulged him. And he got ready soon and came down to leave for business. Aryan got to him, the drip done and smiled.

"Well, thanks for indulging me and pampering me a bit," smiled Aryan and dropped a kiss on Salvatore's cheek and hugged the man.

"Carol will be here soon," said Salvatore and Aryan nodded.

-------------------------------------

Aryan smiled as Carol showed him Salvatore's childhood photos and the pics in various timelines. Aryan was still running his business from home and he knew he will have to wait atleast one more month before he can be back in active work.

Caroline was great. She was the perfect sister-in-law anyone could have asked for. She tended to him when he got sick and was with him every step of the way like a mom would like he believes his dad Venkat would have been.

Salvatore walked in seeing Aryan sprawled on the sofa. He went and sat down next to him.

"So, Caroline said you wanted to go back to work," said Salvatore

Aryan nodded and moved closer to Salvatore and leaned on his shoulder.

"Yes, I am feeling better now and the chances of miscarriage is not there now. So, it should be fine. I don't mind you making the security arrangements," said Aryan.

Salvatore nodded and looked at Aryan.

"I want Caroline with you, she behaves like your mother already," said Salvatore.

Aryan smiled and placed his arm around Salvatore's stomach.

Salvatore was not uncomfortable per se when Aryan showed him affection or when he was all cuddly.

He always felt different. He definitely did not know how to respond to all of it.

So he sat there letting Aryan hug him. Anyway, he did not have anything else to do for some time.

Aryan smiled into his man's shirt as he had moved the coat before he cuddled with the man. He found it adorable that Salvatore was so awkward when it came to romantic intimacy and emotions.

"Okay, that's enough of snuggling for now. I have work to do," said Salvatore when it got too intense for him and got up and left.

Aryan smirked.

-------------------------

Salvatore saw Aryan asleep in bed. He has gone to work. His office here was a few kilometres away as Avanindra has been the one to set it up.  He looked tired. Usually, he would be awake for an hour atleast when he gets to bed but today, he seems to have slept off. Salvatore laid down and Aryan stirred not waking up. He grabbed for Salvatore.

"Salvato...

His voice was muffled as he pressed his face on Salvatore's neck. Salvatore sighed as he placed his hand around Aryan holding him securely. He tried not to think of the fact that Aryan has their kid in his tummy. Salvatore ran his hand softly through Aryan's back making the man purr in his sleep.

They had a pending appointment next day and to say Salvatore was not worried would be a lie. Caroline told him that usually, doctors don't insist on these back to back check-ups. And Aryan seems to be too tired all the time.

---------------------

Okay, short chapter, I know. BUT, really want to know what you guys think about this so far..