𝐨𝐧𝐞

"change; we don't like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming

"change; we don't like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. we either adapt to change, or we get left behind. and it hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn't is lying. but here's the truth: the more things change, the more they stay the same. and sometimes, oh, sometimes change is good. sometimes change is everything."

anastasia handed the cab driver the money she owed him for the ride and hopped out of the car shutting the door behind her, she turned around and stood for a minute as she took in the sight in front of her. seattle grace Hospital. she took a deep breath then exhaled as she walked towards the entrance of the hospital.

she entered the building and walked towards the reception desk. "hello i'm anastasia shepherd... i have an appointment with dr. webber?" she told the receptionist.

"let me check for you." the woman behind the desk spoke softly as she checked her computer. "found it! he is waiting for you in his office." the woman spoke again and anastasia smiled and thanked her as she walked away to make her way to the chief's office.

after about ten minutes of just walking around the hospital clueless as to to where she was going and trying to find the office on her own she gave up.

"damn it." the girl cursed under her breath realizing she was going to have to ask someone for help, she continued to walk around a bit more though before asking. she had noticed her shoe-lace had become undone and for some reason she decided to focus on that instead of looking up when she was walking, of course that was asking for a disaster but her brain had said otherwise.

anastasia bumped into someone while stupidly paying attention to her shoe lace. "oh i'm sor-" she got cut off.

"ana?" a familiar voice asked making her head shoot up.

"derek!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her older brother and hugging him tightly.

"what are you doing here?" he asked pulling away from the hug with a smile on his face.

"everyone left new york so i guess i decided it was my turn to leave too." she chuckled.

meredith was talking to cristina when she saw derek from the corner of her eye talking to some woman she had never seen before. "guys... who is that?" she discreetly pointed towards derek and anastasia who were hugging again. the group of residents turned towards the pair and all shrugged.

"dude, she's hot." alex said with a smirk on his face earning a slap on the shoulder from izzie. "ow!" he rubbed his shoulder, squinting his eyes at izzie.