𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

doctors give patients a number of things

doctors give patients a number of things. we give them medicine, we give them advice, and most of the time, we give them our undivided attention. but, by far, the hardest thing you can give a patient is the truth. the truth is hard. the truth is awkward, and very often, the truth hurts. i mean, people think they want the truth, but do they really?

anastasia opened her eyes slowly as the sound of an alarm going off filled her ears making her let out a loud groan as she sat up on the bed rubbing her face, her eyes were now fully open and she took in her surroundings realising she wasn't in her hotel room.

she slowly looked over to the other side of the bed she was in and her eyes widened as she saw alex now waking up because of the alarm. alex and her had went out for drinks last night but she couldn't remember drinking that much and she definitely couldn't remember getting into bed with him. alex was now also sat up on the bed, looking at ana who was just staring directly at him.

"did we?..." ana trailed off, still looking at him.

"no we didn't." alex answered.

"oh... oh thank god." she let out a sigh of relief, "No offence." She added making him laugh as he got off the bed and started to get dressed.

"need a ride?" alex questioned making ana nod.

"please."

☤☤☤

anastasia and alex were stood at the nurse's station giving their interns their orders for the day.

"pierce, you're in the pit." ana spoke as she read the chart that was in her hands.

"james, need you in peds." alex added.

"laura, you're on scut." ana spoke again, now looking up at the interns that were still stood in front of her.

"i was on scut yesterday." the intern replied making ana scoff.

"oh, and just for that, you're on scut tomorrow." she added making the intern roll her eyes which ana decided to ignore.

"get lost!" alex raised his voice at the three interns making them hurry off.

just as alex was going to speak again dr. webber walked up to the two residents with an older man beside him.

"dr. karev, this is dr. norman shales." webber informed him.

ana gave the man she now knew as dr. shales a small smile as alex smiled at him and the two shook hands.

"hey." alex greeted the man.