Chapter Eleven: Music Room

Clem's POV

A few days or maybe a week passes as Violet starts to return back to normal. She's eating most of her meals properly and she seems so much healthier. Everyone seems so much happier as well which is brilliant but I can't help but fear the worst. I'm scared that Vi won't tell me if she wants to starve or cut or whatever she wants to do to escape the pain, her pain. She lost someone that she cared about deeply and she's still struggling with it. Of course, I'm not expecting her to just get over it or anything like that but I don't want to see her suffer in silence. She means so much to me and I don't think I would be able to cope if anything happened to her. We haven't even known each other for very long but I know that she is special. Very special.

I wake up pretty early by the look of the sun. I see Violet sitting at the desk, writing a letter by the look of it. She tends to write quite a lot but never tells anyone what they are about. She looks a mix of stressed and tired and her bed doesn't look like it's been touched for days. She does tend to struggle with getting to sleep if there are things on her mind and that's also when she tends to write. She keeps all of her letters or notes in a drawer to the desk and obviously I have never looked in the drawer out of respect for her privacy. I do get worried when she doesn't sleep because I don't want her to end up hurt because of it. It's just a really good thing that there is still coffee granules in the store because otherwise, everyone would be grouchy.  I sit up slowly, cracking my joints as I do. Violet glances over at me and smiles softly. "Morning Clem. Wow, it's the first time I think I've ever said morning to you" She jokes and I scoff slightly, placing a hand over my heart and pretending to be offended. "Excuse me, at least I don't live off of coffee" I state and she pouts slightly at me and casually tries to hide a mug of coffee. I stand up and walk over to her, kissing her cheek gently. She blushes softly at the affection and looks up at me. "You're cute when you're half asleep" She says as she folds up the letter and hides it away in the drawer. I roll my eyes slightly at her and she stands up, kissing the top of my head before walking over to my bed and grabbing my hat, placing it on top of her own head. She gives me a goofy smile and I can't help but admire her. How did I get so lucky to meet someone like her? Someone so beautiful but so broken. She's kind to the people that she cares about and the people she likes, she's defensive when it's needed and she can and will protect us all from harm. She's the first one out to fight the walkers off and the last one to come back in. She truly would do anything for the kids here. "Clem!" I hear her shout quietly as I snap back into reality. She was now standing at the door with my hat still on her head. "Come on, I know you're not awake but still" She smiles at me and opens the door, stepping out. I quickly follow her out and down the corridor. "I've got a surprise for you" She says, taking my hand as we walk.

She leads me to the music room makes me sit down on a chair. She sits on the floor even though there are plenty of chairs for her. She rests her head on my leg, humming a tune to herself quietly. The tune sounds familiar but I can't think of where I've heard it before. That is until Vi starts to sing the words quietly. "Little Girl, little girl, don't lie to me, tell me where did you sleep last night? In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines, will shiver the whole night through" Her voice is delicate, soft and so gentle that I feel my troubles melt away. She has her eyes closed, facing away from me as I play with her hair slightly. She seems so calm and relaxed. "My daddy was a railroad man, killed a mile and a half from here. His head was found in the driver's wheel. His body was never found. In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines, will shiver the whole night through" She slowly starts to get louder, her voice still soft but her words clearer now. Her voice nearly lulls me to sleep but I manage to stay awake for now. "You've caused me to weep, you've caused me to mourn, you've caused me to lose my home. Little girl, little girl, where did you sleep last night? Not even your mother knows. In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines. Will shiver when the cold winds blow" She finishes off the song and I can't do anything but look down at her in awe. I can't believe how amazing she is a singing. Her voice matches the tone of the song completely and it's honestly breathtaking. She opens her eyes and glances up at me. When she realises what has actually happened, she blushes a soft amaranth pink shade and looks away shyly. I smile at her and kiss her forehead gently as I notice she blushes a deeper shade. "Wow Vi. That was... wow" Was all that I could say. She looks up at me, meeting my eyes. Her own are sparkling slightly in the rising sunlight and I can't help but smile wider at her. She leans up, connecting our lips gently. I feel her smile slightly as we share the moment. I try to pull away but she quickly moves one hand to the back of my head, keeping me in place and keeping our lips together. Eventually, we do part but only to take in a gasp of air before our lips reconnect. This time it's more passionate than gentle and I hear Violet whine quietly. She moves so that she is sitting between my legs, leaning up to reach me. She drapes her arms around my shoulders, fiddling with my hair ever so slightly as she sits on her knees. 

We keep connected to each other for a while, only separating for quick gasps of breath until we hear someone cough from the doorway. We separate quickly, Violet moving away slightly as we both look up to see Louis standing there with a cocky grin on his face. "Hate to interrupt this little event but Marlon is looking for you two" He states, walking into the room and sitting down at the piano and fiddling around with some of the strings that he can reach. Violet stands up quickly, combing her hair back with her hand and adjusting her jacket and picking up my hat that must have fallen off of her head at some point. I see that her cheeks are red once again and I smirk slightly at the floor as she puts my hat on her head again. I stand up, adjusting my jacket now and take her hand gently. "His office, lovebirds" Louis calls to us as we make our way out of the room. "Oh, fuck off" Vi grumbles quietly, mainly to herself. I giggle slightly at her and she smiles at the ground in front of us, almost proudly. She is such a dork sometimes, it's adorable. She's adorable.

Fuck, I'm sorry this chapter took so long. Writers Block

But if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for future chapters, I would greatly appreciate it