Jessica.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

Happy readying,
Lisa.

_____________________

I felt a jolt as my limo screamed to a stop. "Fucking tourist." My driver mumbled as he continued his drive. I found myself chuckling at his comment. His reaction was just that typical, his attitude was that of a someone who spent their entire life here.

There's something about that specific attitude that makes you better. It hardens you to your core and humbles you all at the same time and it is completely unique to this city.

The concrete jungle, the big apple, the city that never sleeps, New York; there was something about its aurora that lured people in. This place could make you or break you. People flocked here from all corners of the world to be among the best of the best. Some of the greatest entertainers in the world got their start right here on these streets. These sidewalks hold a history that is unmatched by any city in the United States. That's why I'm here riding in this limo, fighting every day to do what I love. If all went well I would inevitably leave like the others, but New York would always be where I got my start. It would always be my home.

I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the windows. It was faded from the tint but it was still me. I looked into my own green eyes as we drove and thought back to how I got here.

Truthfully, growing up I was kind of an ugly duckling. Puberty was definitely not my friend. It took me years to grow into my body and find a look that really worked for me. And in this industry looks were half of the battle.

The Driver pulled up to the theater and the paparazzi were packed in like sardines. The bright flashes of their cameras lit up the already brightened New York Sky.

The truth is, none of those reporters were here to see me on the red carpet. I had a small supporting role in this movie but it was something. My name was on the credits and I had some significant film time. Directors were finally starting to call me for casting calls because of how well I did. This was my first real movie, not some tiny role in Law and Order or some short film for tv. No, I wouldn't win any awards or even get noticed much behind the larger names but, I was younger than them and just as beautiful and talented. I just need to put in the work and one day when I step out of this limo people will be waiting for me the way they waited for them.

As I walked down the red carpet one of the screaming reporters called to me for pictures. I was completely shocked he even knew my name.

"Jessica! Jessica, over here!" One of them screamed.

I turned to face him with a smile as the camera flashed. My agent Ian followed closely behind me. He placed his hand on my waist and pulled me towards the entrance.

"One day they'll all be here for you babe, but right now we're late. The others have already been seated." Ian opened the door for me and I walked through gracefully.

The door was coated like a mirror and on it I caught my full reflection. My dirty blonde hair was up perfectly. Holding it together were silver clips that matched my sequin dress. It hugged my body perfectly and enhanced my near perfect shape. Stilettos enhanced my height further making me seem much taller than my usual 5'7. Yet under all of the makeup and hairspray was a normal girl who was just trying to live her dream.