random story 1

in a dream, she saw herself. her long braid cascading down her back like a dark waterfall, reaching the back of her knees, the only sign that this person was herself and not an imposter. the dim light source that came from everywhere and nowhere cradled her pale features, making her look cherubic, contrasting the otherwise dark and demonic atmosphere. she was watching herself from behind, but somehow she could feel her closed eyelids fluttering and muscles constricting suddenly in what seemed like fear or anticipation. a moment passed and she watched herself, suddenly open her deep scarlet eyes, causing the world to form before her.

everything took place in a black-and-white colored world, with the edges of the screen she saw it in blurred like the vignette filter on photos. there was no beginning or end to the monotonous earth that lay out before her. as far as she could see, the world was barren and destroyed. clouds of smog and most shrouded the sun far above. matted chunks of dirt and earth was strewn across the fields before her. there was obvious signs of battle, yet everything seemed at peace, but still as if the world itself had sanity so close to tipping over and unleashing a new kind of hell.

she blinked, now seeing through her own eyes. immediately she could feel exhaustion setting deep in her bones. it overwhelmed her senses like a wave in high tide. her vision turned bloodshot, mimicking that of her own murderous eye color.

she couldn't help but collapse onto the ground, into the dirt and soil that swallowed her upon contact, enveloping her and bringing her to yet another world of darkness.

but this time, it was real.

~~~~~
Word count: 290

random burst of inspiration? this was originally going to be a "something you should start doing" prompt but uhm haha

don't forget to vote & comment what you thought

luv u uh bye <3