Chapter 5

"What do you mean he's still alive!?" Matt cried, his eyes wide, fingers lodged in his hair.

Tom sat on a chair, awkwardly staring at the floor whilst twidling his thumbs.

"You shot him down! He exploded!" Matt cried, pacing around the room.

"I know, but unless I'm suddenly schizophrenic, he was definitely there." Tom said quietly, slowly putting his hands up his shirt, feeling around the swollen bruises.

"We have to find Edd... warn him.." Tom mumbled, slowly standing from the small chair, he hastily threw on his hoodie and jeans, Matt hesitated, seemingly weighing out his options before doing the same.

"Are you sure...? I mean, Tord has always had it out for you! What if he actually wants to kill you this time!?" Matt yelled, slipping back into his panic.

Tom quickly turned around, placing his hands on either side of Matt's face.
"Everything is going to be okay--"

Tom wasn't able to finish his entence as a deafening explosion went off, just a few blocks away from their apartment.

Matt screamed and fell to the floor, covering his ears wa ith his hands, his eyes squeezed closed.

Tom rushed over to the window and gasped.

The city....

It was on fire.

Buildings were burning, people were burning... everything...

Soldiers marched through the city, bullets ripping through the air.

Tom rushed over and turned on the TV.

"Hello citizens of London!"

No.... no this can't be real......

"I am the Red Leader.. You could say, I'm the reason you're lives are falling apart right now, I've already taken out your government, I've disposed of your military and I've ceased all communication with other countries. In short, no one is coming to save you."

Tom shut off the TV..

You couldn't see his face... his voice was altered, but he knew it, he knew it was Tord....

It had to be..

They needed to find Edd.... but he couldn't take Matt outside... was it safe in here...?

Damn it..

"Matt, lock yourelf in your room, okay, don't come out no matter what!" He called out to him, running out of the building.

"T-Tom, wait--!"

He ignored him and kept running, he had to..

Where would Edd go if he was mad.....

The store? No... to obvious...

Tom gasped, running down in the opposite direction.

The park! Of course!

Edd always went to the park to think..

He turned the corner and stoped, covering his mouth.

A little girl sat on the pavement, screaming at what he assumed to be her mother, crying and sobbing, shaking the woman.

On closer inspection, the mother was dead....

"Milly!?" He cried, rushing over and kneeling beside her.

"M-mister s-star fairy...?" She whispered, crying as she held onto her mothers corpse.

"H-help me... please, she wont wake up!!" She cried, trying to shake her awake.