Chapter 11

"You.... what..?" Tom looked at him confused. Why would a Red army soldier, one of Tords goons, want to help him? This had to be some kind of weird set up...

He looked at him skeptically, keeping his guard up. This dude could be stalling for time, Tord could already be on his way.. damn it, he needed to get outta here fast...

"I know what his plan is.. for you, for the world. I don't want him to get away with it.. I can't let him. Tord.. he's getting out of control.." He sighed, walking back a few spaces, leaning against the wall. "I suppose.. most people think my partner would be more the type to commit treason. he's typically more compassionate when it comes to these things.." A chuckle passed his his lips, reaching into his pocket to pull out a cigarette.

"Who even are you...?" Tom asked, looking him up and down.. noticing the different uniform.

He had to be a higher up..

"My name is Paul.. I'm Red Leaders Right hand man.. you met Patryk earlier.. He is his left." Paul said, putting the ciggerette to his lips. Lighting it.

"Captian crazy McChicken wings?"

Paul's composure wavered a moment, choking on himelf, a laugh tearing through his chest. "Crazy  McWhat now??" He wheezed, sending himself into a coughing fit.

Tom looked at the floor.. wrapping his arms around himself. This guy must be crazy... to be as high up as he is, and be trying to betray his leader, he was putting his life on the line, for what?? Whats tom going to be able to do?

"I don't understand.. why would you put yourself in danger like this..? It doesn't make sense.. Tord could kill you..." He whispered.

Paul cleared his throat, correcting himself. "I told you before--"

"Don't be crazy, I don't give a shit what Tord has planned for me.. He can suck my dick for all I care. Enough people have died, don't add yourself to the list. I will take Tord down, if it's the last thing I do. Untill then, look out for yourself." Tom said, turning back to the door. 

Tom had bigger fish to fry. If this guy really was crazy and suicidal enough to betray someone like Tord, he deserved to get his brains blown out.
It was that, or he was luring him into a trap.. no... He seemed sincere crazy..

"You'll get lost out there." He said, looking over at him. "You won't find your friends on your own, you'll be trapped here.. and you'll die here." He said, walking past him, opening the door. "If that's what you want, I'll leave you be."

Tom hesitated... looking down at the floor.. what friends..? The only people he cared about were dead.. that bastard killed them, all for his stupid control plan.

"They're dead... Tord told me they're dead.." He whispered. "Im not looking for their bodies if thats what your thinking." He ran his fingers through his hair, taking a deep breath. He didn't have time for grief right now..

Paul turned back, facing him. "The ginger and the little girl are both alive they're being kept here, in the base. The other one got away. Soldiers are currently out looking for him, however the order is to bring him back alive. No exceptions." He said, pulling a peice of paper from his pocket, handing it to Tom. It detailed the orders given to the army regarding his friends, signed by Red Leader himself.

The evidence was.. irrefutable.

"I-I.. i don't.... He told me--"

"You can't believe anything Red Leader tells you. His entire life is built off lies and manipulation." Paul said, voice blunt and definite..

"Why would he keep them alive!? Why would he risk it- they- they.. if he killed them, I'd have no will to fight him.." Tom whispered, his composure wavering. This didn't make any sense, he understood Tord was a liar, but why lie about this, what was the point of it all??

What did he need them alive for.. especially Milly.. she ment nothing to him..

Unless.. He wanted to use her as blackmail.. aswell as the other two.. that was the only thing he could think of.. if Tom stepped out of line.. Tord could threaten them..

"What makes you so sure he's only obsessed with you?"

Tom tensed.. slowly looking up.

"I--" His tongue was thick in his mouth... not able form words. He felt his stomach twist, quickly looking away. "I don't-"

"Do you think his world revolves around you, that he's hell bent on making you, and only you suffer?"

"I was... I.." Tom stammered, stepping back a little. "....I shot him down.. we had a rivalry.." He whispered, trembling.

"..To me, it sounds like you want to be the one he's obsessed with." Paul stepped closer, slowly backing him against the wall. "That you want him to use you up, give you an out. A fresh start."

"I'm sure you know by now what he's planning to do. He'll experiment on you, make you wish you were dead untill finally, he wipes your memories, because in the end, thats your only use to him." He put his arm by the side of Toms head, pining him in place, leaning into toms ear.

"Once he's done with you, I don't doubt hell forget about you, use you and let you die in battle before moving on to the next one.. A nobody. Youre no more special to him then a lab rat. Youre disposable, your history means jack shit, the only reason he's after you is so that you can't become a nuisance in the future. You are not special, do you understand me?" He whispered, voice deep and dark..

His presence made Tom tremble, unable to move. He could tell this man had blood on his hands, more blood than Tom could ever think to count for.. he was experienced, he'd seen some shit, no doubt.

Maybe Tom was just a weak bitch.. but he believed him. Paul had been the only one to be so bluntly honest, able to knock some sense into him.

"Why me..? Why are you telling me this, why not let me die..? You can at least tell me that.." He whispered.. shakey. He had hoped to sound stronger than that, more determined.. but Paul had knocked him hard in the confidence.

"I want you to find your friends, and I want you to start a revolution. I want you to bring Red Leader down.. just like you vowed to a minute ago. If there's one thing I know about you Thomas, it's that you know him. You have resolve. If anyone can kill him.. it's you." He said, sighing as he stood back.

Tom looked at him.. kill Tord? Revolution..?

He could end this..

If he had only done it right the first time.. Milly would still have parents.. a life. This was his chance to fix things. To make it right..

"I'll do it.. I'll kill Red Leader."