Chapter 9

Blood leaked into the front of her shirt.. her eyes building up with tears as she gently put her hands on her tummy, looking down.

Tord made a noise of disapproval, looking around. "Strange.. He didn't come for you in the end." He said, sighing. He looked back at the building, disappointed.

Milly coughed, blood slipping past her lips, her skin going pale, her eyes dulling.

"M-my s-star fairy...." She whispered, starting to cry. "H-He promised..." She whimpered, her body giving out, falling back onto the pavement.

Tord put the gun away, sighing again. "She wasn't even worth the trouble." He looked around, admiring the burning buildings. Soon.. kids will be able to run around.. free.. no issues in the world.. no poverty or violence.. no rape.

Tord would make his dream a reality. No matter what.

"Do not worry little one.. your death with forge the path to a future we once could only dream of." He whispered, looking down at her. "Its sad you won't see it.." He sighed, taking a step toward her.

"D-don't move!!" Matt screamed, a pistol aimed at Tord, his hands shaking.

Tord glanced over at him, frowning.

Of all the people he didn't want to kill.. it had to be Matt that picked up the gun..

He sighed.. a sacrifice was a sacrifice.. it had to be done.. Tord couldn't let himself die now, not after everything he's worked for.

He reached for his gun, eyes cold.

"Tord. That's enough." Paul said, picking up Milly.. her breathing shallow, loosing blood fast.

"You've caused enough harm today as it is." He said, raising his hand, signaling for an onsite medics Team.

Tord looked back at him, expression loose. Softened.

"Right..." He muttered, looking down. He turned around, smiling as he looked at Matt, hand moving back behind his back.

Matt trembled, finger twitching on the trigger...

He started crying.. afraid.

Tord was his best friend in highscool...

They had so many memories together..

Matt had been right beside him, helping Tom to teach Tord English.. Matt had been there when Tord had his first kiss, Matt had been there through his graduation.. when he got his first job..

Tord had been his friend.. they shared so many of these amazing memories.. so many laughs and late night comforting after tough break ups..

He dropped the gun, falling to his knees.

He couldn't shoot... He couldn't shoot his friend, even if he was different now..

Tord took a step toward him.

"No!! No, leave him alone!! You've already taken everything!!" Edd screamed, getting in front of Matt, shielding him.

Tord looked at Edd, less than three feet away from his old friend.

Matt looked up weakly.. "Edd.." He whispered, softly, his mind spinning... Edd was his best friend too... But.. more recently he only seemed to want him sedated.

Tord stood still, smiling, moving his hand to his pockets. "Why, isn't this a surprise, you care about him now, do you?" He mused, arms held neatly behind his back.

"I've always cared about my friends, Tord." Edd growled, glaring at him.

Tord hummed. "I see.. so that's why Tom was suicidal.. and why you drug Matt... you care about them.. or do you control them, like possessions." He mused.

Edd stammered, his eyes wide. "I-i how--"

"I've been watching you.. ever since the.. incident." He said flatly, looking Edd up and down. "And people say I've changed.." He chuckled.

"Shut up!!!" Edd screamed, shoving him.

In seconds, soldiers had him surrounded, about ten guns pointed at his head.

Edd gasped, looking around, nowhere to run.

Tord chuckled, drifting his gaze back to Matt.

Kill two birds with one stone..

He bent down, cupping Matt's cheek, gently wiping his tears.. He didn't say anything as he carefully pulled Matt into a hug.

"Please Matt...We're the same.. we always have been..." He whispered in his his ear, running his fingers up into his hair. "I just want us all to be together again.."

Matt's eyes glazed over, more tears running down his cheeks. "Together again..?" He whispered. That was all he wanted, to be together again. No more drugs, no more war or hate..

Tord smiled, helping him stand up, Matt clung to him, burring his face in his shoulder.

He held him close, petting his hair. "It'll all be okay now." He whispered. "You can be with Tom... don't you want that..?" He asked, smiling.

Matt nodded, closing his eyes.. giving in. He didn't want to fight this..

Tord raised his hand, a moment passed before the the medic team escorted Matt and Milly onto the plane.

"You're the only one left... Edd." Tord said, smiling. "What exactly will you do? Nobody is coming.. Tom isn't coming. Even if he did, why would he save you after what you did?" He said, looking down at him.

Edd tensed.

It took Tord a moment, but it clicked.
He blinked, before starting to laugh.

"He doesn't know.. none of them do.. How long do you think it will be untill they find out?" Tord chuckled.

"They wont!!!" Edd screamed, the soldiers all raising their guns a little.

Tord stood back, smiling.

Edd shoved a soldier and ran, some soldiers shot, but missed, others lined up their weapons, but Tord just raised his arm. "We got what we came for. The British government has surrendered." He said, holding his hands behind his back.

The soldiers lowered their guns, saluting him as he went by, walking back to the building.

He'd won. Everything had gone perfectly, just according to plan.

Patryk was sitting infront of Tom, wrapping bandages around some of the wounds that had come up during fighting. He looked over when Tord came in, slowly standing up. "Sir, I assume everything's been handled?" He asked, looking up at him, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes.. Meet Paul by the plane, I'll handle the rest.." He said quietly, walking over to Tom.

"Yes sir." Patryk said, saluting before walking out, leaving the two alone.

Tord smiled softly, crouching down to his level. "I'm back..." He whispered, smiling softly.

Tom didn't move.. his breathing soft as he slept. Tord smiled more, gently picking him up, Toms body deadweight in his arms.

No struggle at all, Tom wasn't exactly the biggest of people.

He sighed, walking out of the rubble bent building, watching as the plane took off with the new cargo. Tord had expected to just bag Tom and make off, but, plans changed. Now he had two out of three.

He smiled to himself, taking one last look around before he threw a glass bead the floor, a portal forming from the broken shards.

"Let's go home.." He whispered, stepping through.