Chapter 19

"Anything exciting happen while I was away." The sun peeks through the trees and I can't help but smile as I greet their beautiful, dazzling faces.

  "It's been pretty dull while you were gone." Ed says with a slight smile followed by another hug.

  "I hope you enjoyed your time with your family sweetie. We really missed you." says Esme as she smiles and gives me a big hug.

  "Incredible, you've only been gone for two months and you come back with a tattoo. Clearly our rebel of the family." Carlisle jokingly says as he comes in for a hug.

  Ro just stands behind them, uncertain if she could join in. She was happy to see me at first, but didn't know if I would want a hug from her. Clearly not use to us yet, she'll get over that real quick. I walk right over and pull her to me, she's not the hugging type but again, she'll get over it.

  "I missed you too, I guess." She says, finally giving in to the long hug.

  "I've missed all of you as well. I enjoyed spending that time with them. However, I was starting to get a little home sick. You're my family just as much as they are, don't ever forget that." I felt silly for it, but my smile was still visible behind all the tears and snot.

  "Here we go." Ed lets the thought flow to me before giving me that usual slight smile.

  "Shut up Ed." We laugh as Esme walks over and takes my hand.

"Come on, come in. I just made dinner, we didn't know exactly when you were coming back so I just made everything to be safe." Esme, caring as always, takes my things and we head inside.

"Don't push yourself so hard Ro. You're in no rush, there are plenty of humans in the world. Learning to fully control your thirst is an incredibly difficult thing to do. We've all been through what your going through right now, and not one of us can say it was easy." I tuck a piece of her long blonde hair behind her ear and try to explain to her impatient expression.

  "It's been two years since I turned, and it's like my thirst has only gotten harder to ignore." Rosalie, upset that Carlisle wasn't quite ready for her to be among large groups of people, paces back and forth in frustration.

  "At least you're not hunting down despicable men who've done horrible things and killing them, so you're already doing a better job than I did at your progression stage." Edward casually says. I slowly turn my head and meet his eyes.

  "What the hell are you doing."

" I'm helping."

  "Who? Who are you helping Ed?"

  "Look, your just mad because you're a terrible teacher." He thinks, letting out a smirk before blocking my fist from his face.

  "Go away, go draw a bird or right a poem or something, just go before I throw something at you." I think.

  "You're terrible at that t-" Before he can finish, I'm already picking up a rock the size of my hand and throwing it straight at his face.

  "Really, again. I hate when you two do this, are you gonna help or not!" Not trying to hide her irritation, she snaps at us.

  Edward and I have mental conversations like these almost all the time. We were also slightly closer as siblings; not that we wanted it that way, our sister was having a hard time adapting to her new life. Ro was used to things going the way she wanted, so her not being able to control herself wasn't something she was all that excited about.

  "Ro, it's gonna take time. I'm sorry sweetie but you're just going to have to keep try-" I'm forced to stop mid sentence as a bloody man flashes before my eyes.