Study Date (Part 1)

Mr. Hamilton was teaching his history class, like always. However, I wasn't really listening. The long, boring lecture seemed to drag on for hours. Every minute felt like thirty and I wanted so desperately for class to be over. The last class of the day always felt the longest. Thankfully, class ended after a minute or two and I stood up.

"Vio!" I turned and saw Jay standing at the classroom doorway, moving aside for a few students to pass. I barely caught the girls' eyes trailing down his form, but Jay being the oblivious person he is, didn't notice. I wasn't jealous, Jay could love or talk to anyone he wanted. "I need help with something."

I finished packing up my stuff and I moved my hair off my shoulders before picking up my bag. "With what?"

"My life."

I walked past him. "That is beyond my power."

Jay sped up to walk beside me. "Well, actually I need help with our chemistry homework." Jay nervously chuckled. "Mrs. Jackson practically dumps pounds of homework on us and expects us to finish it all in one day."

I smiled at that. "Why me? Lily is one of Mrs. Jackson's top students."

"Well, I wanted a reason to see you." Jay quietly admitted, a blush spreading across his cheeks. "And Lily is off doing something somewhere and I can't find her. Her disappearance probably has something to do with fries, though."

My cheeks heated up at his first comment, causing me to fidget and unconsciously begin playing with my hair. I lightly shook my head and lowered my hand before clearing my throat. "W-well, umm, where do you want to meet up? Your house?"

"No! Not my house! My mom hates the thought of a girl being over, she'll automatically assume you're my girlfriend and things will escalate from there." Jay exclaimed before explaining.

I stopped and tilted my head to the side a bit. "How so...?" A small part of me told me not to ask, but curiosity got the best of me.

"It involves a sandal."

My brows furrowed a bit, but I quickly shrugged it off. That's probably all I need to know. "So, your house is automatically crossed off our list of options," I noted as we started walking once more, finally leaving the school.

"Yep," Jay agreed. "It's for your safety. Is your house good?"

Fear gripped ahold of me for a split second before I remembered Vlad wasn't here and that I could have friends over.

"Yeah," I said. "My house is open."

"Okay, is 5:30 a good time?"

I slightly pondered before nodding. Jay grinned and I returned his friendly gesture with a smile. "I'll see you at 5:30 for our study date then."

————————————————————————

A/N: I don't know how many days it's been since I last published. All I know is that it's been too long. I hope you enjoyed it (though it may be boring)!

screechingdols and 00f_d0lanz probably know who the chemistry teacher is based off of.