𝓣 𝔀 𝓮 𝓵 𝓿 𝓮

Wednesday October 24, 2018
ѕнιт ι ∂σит нανє иσтєѕ σя
ι∂єαѕ fσя тнιѕ ¢нαρтєя

We started at the cinema
Tear of dancing, hands in the wind
Rizlas, rolling up a cigarette
The boys are calling shotgun again

Fingers moving quickly between jobs, I hummed to the song on the radio.

I poured jasmine honey and lavender essential oils into a small cauldron that sat on the small stove to my left. Half a cup of water came next to thin the brew, followed with orange zest and vanilla bean which were pre-mixed. Rose petal ash was last once the elixir was cooled down and in a flask. A successful elixir of pleasure.

Well, at least the base of it. Then it needed something to charge it, which is why I pass off the potions to Lucinda and Melissa so they can make do.

How else would it get its orgasmic property?

Hot, bloody like a harlequin
I hear the wind is trembling
Shake-shaking like a tambourine
Crawlers running into our skin

Next was actually an ink. My personal favorites for October sigils were bat-blood ink and dove-blood ink. Bats were a symbol of rebirth which spirits couldn't touch, and doves represented peace, which spirits couldn't touch if they had evil-intentions.

Glancing to my notes in the grimoire, I began throwing the ingredients together. I never really needed to use the recipes, but did regardless because I know that one day I'm going to mess it up.

ᗷᗛŦ 'Ṩ ᗷĹƟƟĐ ĬŊƘ
-12 ƥąŗţş ąɭçǫђǫɭ
-2 ƥąŗţş d̾ŗąɠǫŋ'ş ɓɭǫǫd̾ ŗęşįŋ
-1/2 ƥąŗţ ɠųɱ ąŗąɓįç
-1/2 ƥąŗţ ɱƴŗŗђ ŗęşįŋ
-2 d̾ŗǫƥş çįŋŋąɱǫŋ ǫįɭ
-2 d̾ŗǫƥş įŋd̾įɠǫ çǫɭǫŗ

ĐƟƲE 'Ṩ ᗷĹƟƟĐ ĬŊƘ
-10 ƥąŗţş ąɭçǫђǫɭ
-1 ƥąŗţ ɠųɱ ąŗąɓįç
-1 ƥąŗţ d̾ŗąɠǫŋ'ş ɓɭǫǫd̾
-2 d̾ŗǫƥş çįŋŋąɱǫŋ ǫįɭ
-2 d̾ŗǫƥş ɓąƴ ǫįɭ
-2 d̾ŗǫƥş ŗǫşę ǫįɭ

I'd gotten to bottling the inks separately by colored jars when the bell sounded, letting me know someone was coming to the back room.

"Hey, Melissa. Lucinda just went out, but she should be back in about twenty minutes," I informed her as I turned to see the brunette werewolf.

"Oh, okay, no problem! What'cha doin'?"

"Just finishing some concoctions. Wanna help me put them away?"

She shrugged and bounced over. "Sure!"

The store and back shelves were a mess, courtesy of mine and the coven's stress over the past week.

I didn't keep our dilemma a secret from them — they give me their power so I can do one of the (if not number one) most difficult spells known. They deserved to know, so I told them.

"So, Aaron seemed. . . Off the other day. Are you two okay?"

Hesitating, I stayed silent for a moment while we listened to the clink of potion glasses. "I, uh. . . is it ok talking to you about this?"

I saw her smile out of the corner of my eye. "I was your friend before you were my brother's girlfriend, Aphmau. If anything, I'll end up kicking his ass for hurting you."

Sage bundles had their own dish with the herbs, pre-bundled for burning.

Giggling, I threw loose sprigs into the small decorative and labeled cauldrons that hung from the tiny barrels. They were meant for free samples, and were small enough that the bowls fit shoulder-to-shoulder, one for each herb.

My laughter died off after a minute and Melissa moved to place geometric-shaped bottles on the respective pedestal behind us. This ink wasn't as special as what I used, but instead purified squid ink mixed with oils and a variety of colors.

"He told me he loved me. Or, that he was falling in love with me — I don't know, I freaked out and didn't say anything."

"What did you do?"

She followed me to the back room again and we grabbed more to stock the shelves. "I just. . ." I looked back to the couch for a minute, as if I could see my own memory from where I stood. "This is weird, telling you about this."

She laughed and moved to the front of house. "Aphmau, I guarantee you've heard Lucy and I going at it. Consider this my payback — it's not weird to me to talk about you and my brother."

I blushed. "We didn't do that, I just hugged him and we laid there. We. . . haven't talked about it."

"But you've talked?"

"Yeah, it's been five days since he said it, but we've talked almost every day."

The yellow-eyed werewolf came into my line of sight and smiled. "Do you feel the same way he does?"

Shrugging, I walked past and put some lavender and myrrh in their place to finish the herbs. "I don't know. I like him. He really is amazing, and he cares, and I love being near him. . ." I smiled, "When we're together I'm happy. I get butterflies in my stomach and I just want to be close to him. . ."

Melissa appeared behind me and put her hand on my shoulder. It made me jump and I muttered out an apology for ranting.

"Don't be sorry, Aphmau. I think you just answered the question pretty clearly."

Ω Ω Ω
нσℓу ѕнιт тнιѕ ωαѕит нαℓf вα∂.
Word count: 876