𝓢 𝓲 𝔁 𝓽 𝓮 𝓮 𝓷

Wednesday October 31, 2018
нσℓ∂ σитσ уσυя вυттѕ.

"He's dead."

I coughed, choking on blood and bile when I tried to speak. "How?" I croaked, ignoring Hyria's following lecture.

Kim was in shock, not shaking or crying, but definitely distressed.

"He ran into traffic. I couldn't — I couldn't stop him, he was running and this truck was coming and. . ."

She couldn't finish, and Hailey comforted her with a warm hug.

"Kim, hun.' I'm sorry you had to witness that, but we need your help really quick to seal the wound," Hyria commented.

My cough proved her words, and I felt my shirt stick to my side, warm and moist in my own blood.

Aaron was backed away from my view, but held my hand regardless on the other side of Lucinda. I turned my head to try and find him, and saw Melissa biting her nails beside his tall figure.

I grunted and squeezed his hand when the knife moved. Having been pulled from my side, I started gasping for air, at the feeling of the blood quantity increase.

It oozed from my abdomen, and the movement from my desperate breathing only made it sting worse.

The chanting began, but I barely heard it over the increasing pain. Squealing, I hit my head back into my pillow and made a mental note to apologize to Aaron for his fingers that were probably breaking under my force.

Suddenly the chanting stopped and the dizziness sank in.

The world swam like sentient black smoke, my side now aching and throbbing rather than stinging and stabbing.

Stabbing was probably most accurate.

Distantly I heard my name being called, and it became louder when I focused on the tune.

"Aphmau," Aaron spoke.

"I'm here," I mumbled back.

Everyone helped me sit up and I felt a square patch of fabric taped to my stomach.

The spell they just attempted was of the healing variety, but it wasn't perfect — it was simple, and thankfully wasn't harmful to the girls because of the joint-action.

Also thankfully, the wound was now much easier to manage and not a moment too soon.

"Guys" — Garroth started — "the news is blowing up. There's reports of violent riots on almost every street!"

Using Aaron and Lucinda as my crutch, we all moved together outside.

Sure enough, it was violent chaos.

A few houses were being engulfed in bright orange flames, while people seemingly danced and jumped through the streets.

I saw blood on the sidewalk across the road, and all that was heard on the traveling air was screaming and crying. Children, parents, and average people all the same.