Chapter 3: The Blight

Kara walked to the balcony. She stared at what her city, no, her planet had turned into. A desolate wasteland. A new Krypton.

This was like when she visited Argo City on Krypton with Mon-El in her time. Krypton. She felt pain in her heart as she remembered her mother, Alura Zor-El.

Alura, Eliza, Jeremiah, Alex, Zor-El, even Cat Grant. She left them. Who knew what had happened to them? Kara felt guilty although she unintentionally got hit by the disruption. However, according to Mon-El, the disruption only opens every two years.

As she walked back in, she saw Mon-El standing at the head of the table. She was surprised by two of the figures at the table - J'onn J'onzz, no longer in Hank Henshaw's skin but in his own green Martian skin. Martian Manhunter. The other was a girl, she, too, was a Martian. It was the white Martian, M'gann M'orzz, in her green Martian skin. Miss Martian. As they heard her enter, they looked up. They seemed to sense her presence before she walked in.

Kara slowly edged towards Mon-El, who pecked her cheek before addressing the meeting, "Remember how I said I knew Supergirl before basing this team off of her? Well, she hit that disruption that sent me here, and now we have to help her."

"Supergirl, can we talk?" J'onn raised his hand. Supergirl nodded. "Sure J'onn." J'onn signalled to M'gann as they walked to another room, the rest of the members jealous and in awe.

"Supergirl, Agent Danvers showed me your note, but the 31st century? Actually, this place, the Legion Base, is one of the unused D.E.O. bases. Sadly, I have to admit to you, I have lost my father to the disease of the Blight. Pestilence's transformation was horrible, killing cities. I am aware that you'll have to stay for another two years before you can go back to your time" J'onn bowed his head.

Kara felt a wave of guilt rush into her again, as she comforted J'onn, "I'm sure My'rnn was strong till his last moment." J'onn looked up, tears flowing from her eyes, "Grace Parker, Pestilence, Blight, whatever you wanna call her, Alex was affected a week after she got back together with Maggie. After a while, they both..."

As J'onn trailed off, Kara realised what he meant. They had to defeat Pestilence as soon as possible and Kara hoped that she could gain information on the remaining Worldkiller before returning to the 21st century, helping the D.E.O. find her, capture her then neutralise her. How she resurrected was unknown, but with Reign and Purity out of the way, it might be easier to get to Pestilence, the final Worldkiller.

"Kara, you still have some Cache Crystals back in the 21st century, right?" Mon-El looked at Kara hopefully. Kara frowned, "No, I grabbed the last few from my bedside." Mon-El looked disappointed, but Kara then said, "... but there may be some left in my pod at the D.E.O.." Relief spread throughout Mon-El as he held Kara's hand and brought her to a room.

"This room is built for communication. To any part of the galaxy, at any time period," Mon-El explained, but just then, the door opened and someone they haven't seen for some time walked in.

"Mon-El, I need to do some adjustments to the room if you wanna use it," a familiar voice emanated from behind them. Kara and Mon-El both turned around. Saturn Girl. Mon-El embraced his ex-wife, Imra Ardeen in a hug as Kara was suddenly green with envy. As Imra turned to Kara, they both looked surprised but also pulled into a hug in the end.

"Sure, do whatever you needa do," Mon-El told Imra. As she bent over to do the work she came in to do, she couldn't help but have a sidelong glance at the Kryptonian and the Daxamite. How she wished she had such a relationship! The last time she felt something like this was when she saw Supergirl and Alex Danvers. At that time, her sister had died by the hands of the Blight, and Alex was suffering the same illness exhibited by Pestilence. She felt something that she only felt one other time in her life - jealousy.

Mon-El brought Kara to a room that looked like their training room at the D.E.O., as Kara gave him an incredulous look, "Why is she here? I thought she left after her sister revived." Mon-El smirked at Kara, "Is my Kryptonian princess jealous of Saturn Girl? Actually, she never left. She just didn't come for a while and told you that she was quitting the Legion as she knew you still liked me. Today was the first day she came back since the Blight resurfaced. Could be just to protect her sister from befalling the same fate."

Mon-El looked at Kara, "Here, I wanna give you something." He pulled a shiny golden ring with some silver tinges out of his pocket. "What is that?" Kara asked. "It's the Legion ring," Mon-El said. Kara pouted cheekily, "I thought you were gonna propose to me." Mon-El laughed, "I would've, but I don't have that sort of ring on me now."

Kara laughed too, telling Mon-El, "Hey, I've finally mastered the cape tricks you taught me. Took a lotta practice." Mon-El folded his arms, "Really? Let's see it!" Kara played with her cape for a while, "At least it doesn't get in the way anymore." She and Mon-El both laughed. Mon-El agreed,  "You're gonna need it to take down the Blight, uh, Pestilence."

"Indeed, the student does become the teacher," Kara teased, "To think you wanted to make love with Eve in a closet in CatCo., or asking me what a strip club was." Mon-El blushed, "You didn't have to bring that up." Kara punched his shoulder lightly, "Yes, I did." The duo proceeded to spar. Timing it, Kara flung her cape, Kryptonian Smart Cloth, at Mon-El's arm, wrapping it around successfully. She laughed as she tugged at it and he fell over. "You got me, Kara. Well done!"

Then, Imra walked in, "Mon-El, the Com-room is done. You can use it now." As she saw Kara and Mon-El laughing and chatting away, she wished that Mon-El had never met Kara and stayed with her, although she understood she was his first and only true love.