Chapter 6: Alex

Back in the 21st century, things were running slow in the D.E.O. and J'onn (He exists in both time periods, he's a Martian! In the 31st century, he's in his Green Martian skin, but in the 21st century, he's in his Hank Henshaw skin.) walked to Alex, "Any news on Supergirl?"

Alex shook her head. She hadn't seen Kara in days, much less heard from her. She was worried that her sister had left National City. J'onn patted her shoulder, "Supergirl is strong, there's no need to worry."

Alex forced herself to smile as she knew very well that she wouldn't stop worrying about her missing sister. She missed Kara and hoped that she would return soon. In her hand, she held a crushed piece of paper, the note that Kara left.

Just then, her phone buzzed, maybe it was Kara! She hurriedly picked it up, fumbling as the phone nearly fell out of her grip. As the phone cane to life, she was disappointed as she read the message:

Hey, Danvers.
Heard Kara's gone missing. I'm sorry.
Anyway, you've just been promoted to being the Director of the D.E.O., right? Call me. We need to talk about things.
~L

It was definitely not Kara. It couldn't be James as he knew that she had been promoted and he was out as Guardian now, filling in for Supergirl. However, it had to be either her or Kara's friends. Eliza (mum) had been told about it by a proud Alex. The first person that came into her mind was Lena, leader of L-Corp and Kara's best friend. She was also there only one in Kara's life that had not been told about her identity as Supergirl. With both Kara and Supergirl missing from National City, had she figured it out? Alex respected Kara's decision to hide her identity from Lena.

Her phone buzzed again:

Meet me at Kara's loft. That's where you're staying right now, right? Actually, call me first to arrange a time.
~L

Alex walked over to J'onn and told him that she needed to make a call. He nodded and told her that he would keep things in check for the next few minutes that she was gone.

As soon as she stepped out, she punched in the mysterious number and it rang without stopping for a while, until someone picked up the other end of the line.

"Hello, Director Danvers," she heard. She knew exactly who was.

"Director Lane," she addressed as she knew that Lucy Lane, unlike her sister Lois, was following in her father's footsteps and became an officer, before J'onn passed one of the D.E.O.'s branches to her.

"When are you free? My schedule is open for tonight, around 8.30 p.m. tonight," Lucy said over the line.

Alex looked at her calendar, "Sure, tonight I'm free. Kara's loft?"

"Kara's loft," Lucy confirmed.

Alex heaved a sigh of relief. Her work was the only thing that could take her mind off of Maggie.

She walked back into the D.E.O., wishing that everything could go back to normal. She missed her happiness, she missed Maggie, most of all, she missed her sister. Kara was the reason she started her job at the D.E.O., the one she enjoyed. Kara was one of the most accepting towards her being lesbian. She loved her sister and wondered where she had disappeared to. She hadn't shown up at the loft, CatCo., or even the D.E.O. in a week, and Alex was starting to worry.