Chapter 9

Haruka panted for breath as he stood in the pool.

"Haru.." Makoto muttered.

"That was a great swim." Ralph told Albert as he handed him a towel.

"It was nothing special." Albert waved off as he grabbed the towel.

'Nothing special? Is Albert made out of stone or something?!' You think to yourself.

"Is that...?" Makoto knew Albert looked familiar.

"Yes. Albert Wahlander from Sweden, the current world record holder of the 100m and 200m freestyle." Isuzu told.

"That's crazy..." Makoto was amazed.

"You're Tachibana Makoto-san, right? I'm Mikoshiba Isuzu, the captain of the Hidaka high school swim team. You've swum against my brothers!" Isuzu told.

"Mikoshiba? You're their younger sister?" Makoto asked.

"Yeah." Isuzu nodded.

"Were you watching the race? Did you see what happened? How were Haru and (Name)?" Makoto asked.

"Their forms seemed fine. But, Albert Wahlander is called the Odin of swimming for a reason." Isuzu answered.

"Odin? As in the God?" Makoto questioned.

"Right. Rumour has it, anyone who swims with him, feels their mind being torn apart." Isuzu mentioned.

"Could everyone except the participants and coaches please clear out? Closed practice will begin shortly." A man announced.

"Haru, (Name).." Makoto whispered.

"Haru? Come on. Let's get out now." You try pushing Haruka out of the pool.

Haruka didn't even give you a glance.

"Haru, I know. But, right now, we have to get out of the pool." You tell him.

Haruka gave a small nod.

The two of you get out of the pool.

You see Makoto and wave at him with a smile.

Makoto gave a wave back.

______________________________________

Rin entered a coffee shop, where he was told to meet Sousuke.

"Hey, good to see you, Rin." Sousuke smiled.

"Hey, Sousuke." Rin gave a smile of his own.

He then sat down next to Sousuke.

"It's been a while, huh?" Rin said.

"Yeah. When did you get in from Sydney?" Sousuke asked.

"Uh...A little while ago. I'm here for the All Japan Invitational." Rin replied.

"The All Japan Invitational, huh..." Sousuke repeated.

"Oh, yeah. I got you a souvenir, too." Rin suddenly remembered as he digged through his bag.

It was a pink shirt, with a koala bear holding onto a rocket ship.

"Uh.." Sousuke didn't know how to respond as he held the shirt in his hands.

"You're have a scary looking face so I thought it'd soften your image a bit." Rin explained.

"Very funny." Sousuke said.

"Shut up. I had the right idea, didn't I? Oh, I stopped by Samezuka earlier, too. Seems like Ai and Momo made it to regionals." Rin responded.

"Oh, good. Those two worked hard." Sousuke nodded.