Chapter 6

... "Who's Nesdlithod?" asked Thor.

"Oh, that," Loki said with a strange look on his face and his eyes sparkled. "Laufey's son. Or, as you've probably guessed, my long lost brother."

"Who?" Odin asked, shocked. "And... how can you be sure it's him, anyway?"

"When I..." Loki took a deep breath "... killed Laufey... and faked my death, before Th-", he stopped talking again. You don't have to mention Thanos, go on. "Anyway, Nesdlithod came to find me," he continued. "He said that I would pay for what I did. It's time."

"Time for what?" Thor asked nervously.

"Time to pay."

"He will kill you!"

"Exactly."

"But..."

"If he doesn't, he'll destroy Asgard. And all the nine realms will be in danger," Loki said before Thor could argue. "It's either me or everyone."

"Don't speak like that, brother! You are a fighter! A warrior! You don't just give up! Fight him!"

Loki looked into his brother's eyes and folded his arms across the chest. "Look, I don't want to sound like a drama queen, but no matter what others believe, people do change if they take the chances they're given. I have done many things. Terrible things. I was given many chances. Right now, I'm grabbing the last one at the very last second. I can't fight for Asgard, for I can't even fight for myself. But I can die for our home because death doesn't scare me anymore."

Thor breathed in and out and stepped to his side. "I'll come with you, brother."

"You're probably signing up for your murder," Loki said.

"But I will die next to my brother."

Loki looked down at the floor. "I'm not your brother."

"You literally call me 'brother' all the time"

Loki tried not to smile. "Let's get ready," he said then.

Thor and Odin left the room to let Loki change his clothes, and then the two brothers headed to the weapons section, while Odin went to inform Heimdall.

"You know..." said Thor, opening the door. "This is some weird business we're dealing with. You and I, your adoptive brother, are going to fight your biological brother, Nesdlithod, who hates you because you killed your biological father, Laufey, when the latter attempted to kill your stepfather."

"I have to admit that it does sound weird", Loki replied. "But Nesdlithod is not family to me. He's just pain, loss, fear... death... And so was Laufey. He abandoned me –let me die. How could I ever forgive that?"

"You once said that what you only wanted was to be my equal. To prove to father that you are a worthy son. I don't know about him, but –for me– you don't have to prove anything. You were, you are and you'll always be my equal."

Loki looked downwards and smiled. "Do you really believe this?"

"Always."

"Alright, what will you take?" said the God of Mischief, changing the subject as he rubbed his hands and looked around the room.

Thor stepped in and took a golden armour. "Should I take a weapon? The Stormbreaker or something?"

Loki picked a spear. "Not really."

"Sure? That's not enough," said Thor, looking at the armour.

"It doesn't have to."

Thor looked at him with a questioning look on his face. "We're not going to fight. Not today," Loki explained. "I told you."

"We... You can't surrender!"

"Evidently, I can."

He walked out, holding the spear tightly into his hand. Thor wore his armour quickly and, after grabbing a spear, he followed his brother and headed to the Bifrost bridge with him.

"The Allfather informed me about your mission," Heimdall told them when they arrived. "I'm unaware of your destination, though."

"Jotunheim", said Loki.

Thor walked in.

"I wanted to thank you," Loki whispered to Heimdall in order for Thor to not hear what he was saying.

"For what?" Heimdall asked.

"For not letting anyone know about my... issues", he said, moving his left arm slightly. "I know that you've seen me –I never tried to hide from your all-seeing gaze."

"Some things should remain secret until the one who keeps them is ready to reveal them."

Loki looked away for a moment pensively, and then he shook his head as if trying to shake thoughts away and walked into the Observatory silently.

"Keep your eyes fixed on us," he said. "Don't send anyone for any reason until Nesdlithod leaves. Don't send help for any reason."

Heimdall lifted his sword. The next moment, Thor and Loki had been teleported to Jotunheim.

....

Hi. This was the sixth chapter, as you know. If you liked it, let me know by voting and commenting.

As I have said numerous times, if you find any errors ( grammar/vocabulary), don't hesitate to let me know, so I can correct them.

Oh, I had said that the name "Nesdlithod" is an anagram. Yeah, it's an anagram of "Hiddleston." Please don't ask me who (Tom) Hiddleston is. He's the actor who plays Loki. But I guess you knew that already.

Take care. ♥

A Broken Heart [A Loki Fanfiction] [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें