The Invitation

(I've been needing something to post since I've practically neglected my other story. I found this OHSHC draft and it was pretty good, in the least, because now you're reading it. I hope you enjoy it and show some love because nothing else gets me off my procrastinating ass to continue writing. - Cinnoreo)

(Has been revised)

I walked down a hallway with Haruhi leading the way. She was currently telling me about her host club friends and how she was excited for me to meet them. I was kind of nervous about all of this since it's a club who entertains young ladies. Nevertheless, I'm pretty excited, but I'm guessing you're wondering how Haruhi and I know each other. We're actually family friends since my dad and her parents kinda grew up together. When Haruhi's mother passed away, we grew closer. And when my parents separated, we grew even closer as friends.

Anyways, we reached Music Room #3 and Haruhi turned to speak to me. "Remember what I told you?" She asked and I nodded. "Yep. Don't take things too seriously, don't question anything, and most of all, don't break anything." I added with a smirk and Haruhi laughed. She then opened the door and I inhaled sharply when I was met with rose petals and the figures of boys in front of me. "Welcome to the Host Club." I was stuck standing there so Haruhi pulled me in.

"Oh, it's just Haruhi." Said one of the twins. "Yeah, but who's the guy?" Asked the other twin. "What? My cute daughter brought home a boy?!" The blond one, Tamaki, cried out. "I'm not your daughter and he's not my boyfriend!" Haruhi yelled back. I was very amused by this as I just watched everything happen. "Then who is he?" The shortest of the bunch, known as Honey, asked sweetly.

"His name is (m/n) (l/n) and he's a family friend of our Haruhi. His hair is (h/c), with dark/light (e/c) eyes, and is 187 cm tall. He'll also be transferring to this school next week." A boy with glasses said, stealing the spotlight. "Woah, you weren't joking about Kyoya," I said to Haruhi and she nodded. But then Tamaki started repeating everything that Kyoya had just said.

He shot up out of his chair and practically charged at me. He brought both his hands to my face, surprising me greatly. "(m/n), of course! How would you like to join the Host Club?" All I could do was blink in confusion as I stared into his blue eyes. "Me, join the Host Club?" I asked as I pointed to myself. "Yes! You have the looks, you're transferring here, and Haruhi said that you'd be a great one!" I was smiling nervously when I realized what he said. I stepped out of his hands and gave him a closed eye smile.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to have a word with Haruhi for a moment," I said as I backed up and grabbed Haruhi, dragging her outside. Tamaki stood there, not really knowing what happened, while everyone else remained silent. Meanwhile, I stood outside, with Haruhi, who looked confused. "I know what you're doing," I said and Haruhi asked what I meant. "You told them about me so that they'd want me to join the club. And I know that Tamaki will stop at nothing to try and get me in." I said angrily as I stared down at Haruhi.

Haruhi sighed as she looked down and then back up at me. "Heh, you see right through me, (m/n). The reason why I told them about you, and why I brought you here is because... I actually want you to join. I want us to hang out more like we used to, and I know you want a reason not to be home." Haruhi said and I looked away. "Haruhi, you know that I have a business to run, and also the fact that my life is wanted," I said, a pained expression on my face.

"(M/n), I know. And I also know that you hurt when you're home. I feel like you need to be away so that you can repair yourself and be the (m/n) that I first met." Haruhi softly said to me. When I looked back, I saw Haruhi with a warm smile, a smile that she'd only give me. "At least consider it," Haruhi said and I agreed that I would. "We better get back then. I'm sure the guys don't want to wait any longer." I said and Haruhi said that I was probably right. We walked back into the room and everyone's attention was on us once more. "Ah, I see you're going to join-"

"I will consider it," I said as I gazed directly into Tamaki's eyes. He blinked and then cheered as he threw his hands up. "Great! How about you start today." Tamaki declared and I brought my fingers to the bridge of my nose. "I said that I would consider it, I never said yes," I explained after I closed my eyes. "I think that's a wonderful idea, Tamaki. It would give (m/n) the chance to try it out and see if he likes it." Kyoya said as he fixed his glasses.

I was about to say something when Tamaki butt in. He snapped his fingers and said, "Kaoru and Hikaru, get him a uniform and my stylist." The said twins then grabbed both of my arms and I whipped around to look at Haruhi. My eyes screamed helped but she only mouthed "Be afraid" and I swear to god that it's a shame I love her so much because if I didn't... I would've kicked her ass!