5

Jule

"Jule." He called.

"Ye.. Yes?" I asked.

"You look cute when you're scared." He said as he softly smiled. "Ah! You're so annoying!" I said as I smacked his back.

"Ah! That hurts!" He said holding the spot I just smacked. "Oh my, so.. Sorry Josh.. Joshua.. I didn't know you.." I said but he cuted off my sentence.

"You did nothing wrong, Jule." He said.

Joshua, why are you so...

Argh.

"You don't have to hold her hand all the time, you know." A boy said as he walked past me and Joshua. I didn't even realize Joshua was still holding my wrist.

Maybe he didn't realize as well.

Joshua finally lets go of my arm and smiled awkwardly.

"Get a room!" The same boy shout from the back of the classroom. "Hansol! Mind your own business!" I said to him. Facing back to my table and started reading my books like the lowkey nerd I am.

*

I've always spent my recess with my bestfriend. But since I don't know where she is now nor why she hasn't came to school for the past few days, I sat with Joshua in the corner of the canteen.

"You two aren't dating right?" Someone asked. Me and Joshua looked up at the person. It was a girl from our class. Her name's Jeon Minha. A popular girl with the type of attitude that I hate.

"No." Joshua said as he continued eating his food.

I starred at her. She rolled her eyes at me. "Well, can I sit beside you, Joshua?" She asked. "I guess." Joshua said. Minha sat beside Joshua, not even eating, she just sat there looking at Joshua with her devilish eyes.

"Does that means I can join you two as well?" Of course it had to be Hansol. "Sure. The more the marrier." Joshua said with a bright smile.

"Ahhhh Joshua. You're so soft yet you sometimes talk like a cold person." Minha said, followed by a sigh.

"By the way, Jule, do you have any plans after school?" Hansol asked. "Um.. I don't think so. Why?" I said to him, clearing my mind from Minha and Joshua.

"I was wondering maybe you could accompany me to the book store. I want to buy some exercise books. You know, to study." He said. I smiled at him. "Sure, I would love to help." I said and got back to my lunch.

"Joshua, do you wanna come with us?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He said.

"That's great!" I said.

"But Joshy, why don't we have dinner together, just the two of us." Minha said. "But I need to catch up the subjects." Joshua said. "You can study with me some other time. Why don't we have a date together?" Minha insisted. I could saw the disturbance in Joshua's eyes.

He looked at me, not knowing what to answer.

"I'll think about it." Joshua said as he stood up, holding his lunch tray. "Where are you going?" Minha asked. "Suddenly I'm not hungry anymore." He said as he left us. Minha followed Joshua from behind.

I sighed.

I was left there with Hansol.

"Well, he looks pissed." Hansol said. "Why won't she let the guy live his life, oh my God." I said.

It was a bit quiet between both of us until I felt like I needed to search for Joshua. I need to make sure that girl stays away from him.

"Um.. Hansol.. I don't think I'm hungry too." I said, leaving the canteen.

I walked back to class. The door was opened so I went inside.

And there was Joshua. And Minha who's seating on my chair.

Before I could tell her to go away, the bell rang and she immediately stood up. I sat down and opened my book.

*