9

Jule

"Do you have to hang out with Joshua every day?" Hansol asked me. Joshua went to the bathroom so Hansol's sitting on Joshua's seat.

"Why shouldn't I?" I asked back. "I don't know. I just wanna go on a date with you." Hansol said. "I would love to go on a date with you, Hansol. But Joshua will come with us." I said.

I'm not trying to be rude. But he has to move on from his feelings. I want him as a friend. Not more, not less.

"Nevermind." He mumbled as he stood up and sat back down on his seat.

After school was over, me and Joshua went to a carnival. Because we didn't know what ride to go on, we sat down on some benches while eating our Mcdonalds take away.

Suddenly a girl came up to us. "Hi, I've been starring at you quite a while. You're really handsome. Is that girl your girlfriend?" She asked. "We're not dating." I said. "Great! I'm Janha. Call me Jan. What's your name?" Jan said.

"Joshua." Joshua said with a straight voice. "Can I get your number?" She asked. "I guess." Joshua replied as he puts in his number on Jan's phone.

"Um.. Jan, me and Jule, here, better get going. See you." He said as he stood up and held my hand and we walked to who-knows-where.

"Where did that Gentle side of Joshua went? She seemed nice, you know." I said. "Not my type." He answered.

"Okay you don't have to be rude to me too." I said as I slightly punched his shoulder. "Come on, let's go on a ride." He said.

*

After a few rides, I felt exhausted. We aat back down on some benches. It was starting to get dark. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'm exhausted." I said as I catched my breath. He did the same. I shut my eyes and Joshua put his arm around me, pulling me closer. "Come on, let's go home." He said. He carried me on his back while we, I mean Joshua, walked towards the exit.

"I see you two are having a date." I heard an angelic voice. It wasn't Joshua. It was Jun. "Here. Take this." he said. I opened my eyes and took the Cotton candy from his hand and replied with a thanks. Joshua took the Vanilla Latte Jun gave for me. One of my hand was still hanging on Joshua's neck. If it wasn't, I would've fell.

"Take good care of her." Jun said and Joshua walked away. "See you." Joshua said. "Bye." I said with a wave. Jun smiled brightly at me.

After we went home, Joshua laid me on my bed. "I'll be in my room." He said. I got up and hugged him, who was standing. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked. He let go of my arms and hugged me with his. "What? Of course not." He said. "I just... I feel awkward in here. Because it's your room." He said.

"Don't go." I whispered. He picked me up from my feet and we both laid on my bed, cuddling. I hugged him tighter as I fell asleep.

*

I woke up the next morning on a Saturday without Joshua beside me.

"Of course I remember you. Janha right?" I could hear Joshua. I cleared my vision and Joshua was sitting on the edge of my bed. I'm pretty sure he's talking to Janha.

I smiled while I looked at him. Janha and him would make a great couple, I guess. Why is my heartbeat racing right now?

"I just woke up." he said.

I quietly leaned towards him so I could hear who's on the other side.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing much. I don't know."

"Do you wanna know what I'm doing?"

"What?"

"I'm thinking of you."

"Do you really mean it?"

"Which one?"

"Do you actually have a crush on me?"

"Of course I do. I like you, Joshua. I really do."

I gulped. Why is the tought of them being together is haunting me? I laid back down and pretended to sleep.

I guess Joshua hanged up. He laid back near me. I felt his breath on my face. "Wake up."

At least I still have Joshua, for now.

*