ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1

𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻...

𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙰𝚈
𝚂𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟽, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿.

She wished the ground would open up and swallow her whole. She cannot talk to herself now that people with extra auditory perception are going to be around. At least, Silver lining, they can't hear her thoughts like Edward fucking Cullen. People would die if they were to hear all the ugly, twisted, and perverted thoughts that go on in their heads. She honestly wondered why Edward didn't decide to be high as a kite after going through the traumatic experience for centuries.

Clearing her throat, Renee squeaks out, not expecting Paul Wesley's sudden arrival, "Hey. I am sorry for blocking the hallway."

Her action gets a light chuckle from Stefan Salvatore. "No problem," he says, waving off the apology. "Are you alright? You looked like you were deep in thought."

"Mhmm," She hummed, tugging at the straps of her bag. "Brilliant." With a slight pause, she tries to change the topic. "You seem like a new face," Renee remarks, blinking. "Any help finding the office or something?"

"Am I obvious?" He asks, his hand coming up to rub the scruff of his neck, a tight-lipped smile on the face.

"I kinda know everyone here even though I forget their names, so..." Renee shrugs with a modest smile, waving back to a couple of people that passed by them. Stefan tilted his head, amused by the timing. Ha! Sucks for him to be a loner. "I am Renee, by the way. Renee Lockwood. Senior year," She says, extending her arm for a handshake.

"Hello, Renee," He greets, his hand enveloping her small hands in his large ones when he comes to shake them. "I am Stefan Salvatore. Junior year, and new to town."

"Oh! Founding families," Renee plays along, with a look of recognition in her eyes. "So you must be related to Zach. I didn't know he had other relatives —but, then again, Zach doesn't involve himself with the townspeople, so. Not many know about the Salvatore's," She talks in one go, questioning and answering all by herself. A pet peeve that most people find annoying and amusing at the same time. Renee, however, particularly, didn't care. She just likes talking, so she does it. "Sorry, I talk a lot. If you are looking for the office, it's that way," She apologizes, pointing to the office block she saw on her way.

Stefan smiles one more time, his green eyes warm as he says, "Thanks, Renee. I hope to see you again."

"You too," Renee's mouth quirks into a smile. "I also hope you will enjoy your stay here. Also, say hi to Zach for me, will you? I still have people to talk to —and, oh, all the best for your first day." With that, she politely leaves the company of the Ripper.