ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀...

𝚃𝙷𝚄𝚁𝚂𝙳𝙰𝚈
𝚂𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟶, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿

The night was ominous. Black and moonless, but overhead a million stars burned bright. Renee took a deep breath as welcoming warmth hit her face as soon as she stepped inside the packed Grill. People looked carefree, seated in small and large groups at the various tables. A few were standing by the pool and some at the bar. One would think the recent animal attack that killed a high school girl in the woods just the other day would set them on edge from celebrating these late-night town festivals.

But apparently not.

And it wasn't like Renee could talk. She was also there amongst these said self-absorbed and naive townspeople, who honestly believe nothing-bad-ever-happens-in-Mystic Falls-gang, after all, to look at the said comet everyone was looking forward to. But, her excuse would be that she has prior knowledge of what will happen, so she has nothing to worry about, unlike the others.

Actually, that's absolute bullshit.

Because, clearly, in this ridiculous acid trip Renee's been experiencing, the butterfly effect is fully functional. As one slight shift got an innocent girl killed.

And so, to be entirely and painfully honest, she knows absolute zilch.

As Renee's eyes peered through her surroundings, trying to spot the familiar bane of existence she now called brother, she was met with something unexpected. Her eyes are blown wide comically when she finds one Vicki Donavan standing next to Damon fucking Salvatore, blissfully oblivious to the fact that he is to be her maker, killer, and destroyer of her soul, body, and mind. Why is he talking to her, anyway? Please tell me he is not using her as a blood bag.

And before she knew it, Renee was talking long steps to reach them. "Hey, Vicki," Renee manages to smile as she greets the girl.

"Your usual pina colado?" Vicki asks instead of greeting her, taking Renee by surprise over how the town's drug addict knew about her favorite non-alcoholic drink.

"Um, no," Renee says, blinking, "Just wanted to know if you saw my brother by any chance?"

Vicki's expression turns bitter at the mention of Tyler. "No," she says, scowl marring her features. "Not since yesterday night when you dragged him off from the woods."

"Right—" Renee's smile flatters, not taking a slight over the unintended anger the blonde of directing to her on behalf of her brother. "Well, just let me know if you hear from him, will you, please?"