ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 6

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵...

𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙳𝙰𝚈,
𝚂𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟾, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿
𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙴𝙰𝙽𝚂, 𝙻𝙾𝚄𝙸𝚂𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙰

It was a pleasantly warm morning, and there was soft moss underfoot. A breeze rustled the leaves of the forest trees all around them, and through the tree branches, Renee could glimpse a bit of blue sky and the rising sun. The woods were silent except for the non-sequential sounds of various woodland creatures going about their business and the ragged panting of the siblings. In a way, it had all the elements of an abstract stroll through the woods except for the fact that they were searching for lethal werewolves.

"I know I have said this a million times already," Renee starts halfway through their trek up to the cabin by the lake. Her curls have gone wild with humidity, and there's a camera hanging around her neck that she's busying her hands with. "—but still, as the older and wiser of the two, it is my utmost obligation to point out that trying to find a bunch of cursed killers without anything to protect ourselves with is the most outrageous feat we might be committing and can probably lead to our ultimate deaths."

Tyler huffed out a mock exasperated breath at her words of caution. "We are not going to die, Ri," He is rolling his eyes, and she didn't even have to see it to know, "And stop sounding so grim and hopeful at the concept of death."

At that, she dropped the camera to hang around her neck again before turning to face him with an unimpressed expression. "When you have a brother who is a fan of Indiana Jones, drives like he has extra lives, and is profoundly obsessed in questioning things that are better left unasked, you'd be like that too," Renee replies with all the sarcasm that she could call up—and that turned out to be quite a lot. "Do you have a fetish for danger and adrenaline that I should be aware of, Tyler? Do we need to have the talk? Because I assure you I will not judge. This is a safe space."

"Are you done?" Tyler's voice was as bland as buttered toast.

"No," says Renee, just because she can, much to her brother's annoyance. But she does opt to stay silent for a moment before she's back to speaking again with a long sigh on her lips, "But really though, Ty, couldn't we just call Mason and ask him about this instead of relying on a group of strangers in the woods of a different state. There is a far less chance Mason would kill us if anything were to go wrong anyway."

"Mason turned into a werewolf just last month," Tyler explains or tries to as his mind and eyes seem to wander more on his surroundings and the map in his hands than on his sister, "I doubt he knows anything about being a werewolf at this point. For all we know, doing this, gathering as much information as we can about the whole curse-thingy is probably the only way we can help him than he —us."