Prologue

Tens of thousands of soldiers filled the wasteland, their spears or polished staves glinting in the dim light of a blood red sun. Each of them had a twisted expression which portrayed the hatred they felt etched onto their very souls. Ranks upon ranks stood in eerie silence, facing forwards towards their enemy.

The group they stood on had long since been desolate, rivers of blood having soaked into the land. Countless corpses lay strewn across the battlefield, each sporting horrendous injuries. Many humans had been torn in half or had chunks bitten out of them, many more had been burnt and blackened beyond recognition. The only living thing that existed in this No Man's Land where the bloated corpse rats that had grown fat on tye feast layed before them.

Beyond the wasteland there stood a palace, its spires piercing the black smog that hung over the land. Its walls where made of a red gem which glistened in the blood used to paint it. Two obsidian doors barred entry to a grand hall within.

A man dressed in ceremonial armour rode a pegasus forwards from the army, a jewel encrusted sword hanging at his waste. Flanked on either side by a knight-attendant, he rode up to the doors.

With the a loud trumpeting, the doors were flung open revealing a man at contrast with his surroundings. He wore a gentlemanly attire and held a champagne glass in his left hand. His red eyes glowed with intelligence and his skin was an unnaturally pale white.

"Speak human"

The gentleman's voice projected across the wasteland.

When the soldiers heard how soft it was, their expressions twisted futher. They came knowing that the man they would be facing held no remorse for the lives he had claimed but hearing how guiltless he sounded they could not help but be enraged. Only strict military discipline kept them from voicing their hatred.

"We have come to take your head, monster. Do you have any last words?"

Despite his surroundings, the man on the pegasus retained his haughty air and arrogant tone.

Laughter boomed across the landscape and reverberated within the chests of everyone present. At first it was a light, humorous laugh before it gradual became a mocking one.

"My head? MY head?"

The gentleman's face contorted into a snarl. He looked at the armoured man in front of him with disdain and sneered.

"You've got guts human, I like to see that. I wonder if you'll like seeing them as well."

A monstrous aura billowed out from the gentleman which caused all present to shiver in fear.

"Now, I'm a fair man. I'll give you a warning before I kill you."

He smiled and lifted his hand in a fist and started to slowly uncurl his fingers.

The armoured man had taken a step back and was trembling uncontrollably, his mind paralysed from terror and his arrogance gone. When the red-eyed man had uncurled the third finger he disappeared. Silence once again overtook the battlefield as shock overtook the soldiers. The terrifying aura which had assulted their minds had vanished without a trace. All of a sudden, it flared up again, this time from atop the balcony. The man reappeared, holding a goey mess in his right hand and sipping champagne from the glass in his left.

The armoured man glared at the gentleman before pain blurred his vision and he slumped on the pagasus. He rolled off its back and was jolted from the impact with the ground. He stared disbelievingly down at his stomach but it wasn't there. A fist sized hole existed in his lower abdomen.

"Looks like you don't have guts anymore, huh."

The pale man laughed.

"Now the rest of you, come pay your respects to the prince!"

Following his challenge, the fearful yet enraged soldiers levelled their spears and charged.

A/N Once the revised chapters have caught up with the original story I will take the OS down. After this chapter I'm looking to write 1500 words per chapter and update once a week (no specific date yet). Thank you everyone who has read so far, I hope you will stick around.